3

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!!!! PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ AND REPLY!!!!

-The Next Day-

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

We decide to only take Stiles' jeep because it's the quietest, and we park a short ways from the Tate's house. We silently stalk up to the house and creep in through the back door. I take note of the number of rat traps, slightly concerned. Stiles carefully cracks the door open, cringing when it creaks. He moves to open it more, and it squeaks loudly. Scott and I both cringe behind him. Stiles decides the best option is to just quickly open the door, rushing us inside and quickly closing it behind us. I can hear the sheriff talking to Mr. Tate from somewhere else in the house, and I can't help but feel bad for the poor man. He lost his entire family. That's something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Stiles strides to the bed in front of us, grabbing stuffed animals for me and Scott to smell, hoping to catch a scent. With every toy he hands us, we toss it back on the bed in defeat.

"All I'm getting is some animal smell." Scott whispers.

"What kind of animal?" Stiles questions.

"Dog." I say, just as growling sounds from the bedroom doorway. Scott turns to face it too as Stiles grabs more toys. Stiles freezes as the rottweiler snarls louder, turning to look at it.

"Hi, puppy." Stiles quickly hides the horse toy in his shirt. "Get rid of it."

"Me?" Scott whispers.

"Yes, you. Or Lyrica. Glow your eyes at it, something, be the alpha." Stiles harshly whispers.

"I can't. I don't have control." Scott mutters.

"Okay, guys, you're gonna have to try something." The dog slowly gets louder in his snarling.

"Nice doggy..." Scott inches towards it with a hand extended and the dog violently barks.

"Apollo!" Mr. Tate shouts from elsewhere in the house. "Apollo, shut up! Shut the hell up!"

"Heal." I whisper, dropping to my knees in front of the dog and allowing my eyes to glow. Apollo's mouth clamps shut and his little tail starts wagging back and forth. "Good boy." I grin, reaching out to pet him. He quickly steps into my awaiting hand and I scratch his head.

I stand up and Apollo gives a short whine before running back off into the house. One of the boys moves behind me and I turn to see Stiles digging through the shelves. He pulls out a book and hands it to Scott, who takes the book but makes no move to smell it.

"Anything?" Stiles questions, having not seen Scott doing absolutely nothing.

"All we're getting is that dog." I sigh, knowing that Scott didn't want to disappoint his best friend.

Stiles sighs in defeat before his eyes land on a picture frame. He lifts his phone and takes a picture of it, and we quickly leave.

--------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry." Scott sighs when we meet up with Noah. "We tried as hard as we could. If it wasn't so long ago, we might have been able to do it."

"It's okay. It was a long shot. In fact, it was a pretty terrible idea. I think I just ripped a wound open in that poor man. I never should have brought you guys here. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for trying, all right?"

"Hang on, Noah." I stop the sheriff from entering his vehicle and all three males look at me with confused gazes. "It wasn't a bad idea. It was entirely logical. Don't give up just yet."