42

(3rd P.O.V.)

"This is a Sig Sauer P226 9mm." Braeden explains, placing a gun on the table in front of Derek and Isaac.

"I don't like guns." Derek sighs.

"That's because you've never learned to use one." Braeden smiles. "I mean, your wife has no problem with them."

"Or because I've been shot. Repeatedly. And my wife is weird sometimes."

"You'll like this one." Braeden chuckles. She picks up the gun, sliding the magazine out. (For those who don't know, the magazine is what holds bullets. All guns except revolvers have them.) "The legal clip size in California is 10. You always want to remember how many shots you fire. Running out of bullets can get you killed. It also makes you look stupid." She slides the magazine back in, smacking it in place. She grabs Derek's hand and places the gun in it.

"But using a gun isn't just about learning how to point and shoot." She continues.

"It isn't?" Isaac frowns.

"Nope."

"Why's that?" Derek smirks.

"Because an average person can move 21 feet in 1.5 seconds. If they have a knife, they can gut you before you can pull and fire. So with a gun, you need distance." Braeden turns and walks away, putting space between her and the Hales. "Go for it. Pull the gun on me."

Derek looks at her in disbelief before raising the gun. In seconds, Braeden has him disarmed.

"Ow." Derek mutters. "So, yeah." He points to the gun before dropping his arm to his side.

"Wanna try again?" Braeden grins, handing the gun back.

"Mmm-hmm." Derek hums, taking the weapon. He clears his throat before quickly raising the weapon again. Only to be disarmed again. He sighs in defeat as she takes the weapon. "One more time."

"I can do this all day." Braeden grins. (At this point, Derek kisses Braeden. We can't have that. Nor will we ever. Not that I don't ship them hardcore. But 1 affair is enough.)

"Can-Can I try?" Isaac asks, and Braeden's grin grows wider.

"Of course." She hands him the gun and the teen takes Derek's place.

Isaac holds the gun in his left hand. He jumps and pretends to prepare himself, but Derek can see that he's subtly switching the weapon into his other hand. He hides his smirk as Isaac looks at the woman, ready to pull his stunt. He suddenly flings out his left hand, and Braeden takes the bait. Both of her hands fly up to grab the gun, only to come in contact with Isaac's hand. He grabs her wrist and spins her around, wrapping his arm around her torso and pinning her body against his. Braeden smirks, arms pinned to her sides under the young werewolf's hold and a gun pressed to her side.

"Nice one, Isaac." She says before elbowing him in the side, spinning out of his hold and disarming him. "But not nice enough."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The berserker slowly advances on Liam, Kira, and Lyrica, low growling coming from somewhere underneath its bone armor. Liam's growling joins in as he shifts, eyes a searing yellow. There's a small clang of metal and Lyrica has numerous daggers looped through her fingers, easily recreating the feeling of claws. With a loud roar, Liam charges the berserker.

Every strike the beta makes is blocked. Before he can even get a solid hit in, he's thrown across the roof, slamming into the wire fence surrounding one of the generators. Kira and Lyrica take that as their cue, the teen doing some fancy sword twirling before smacking the blade against a fence to intimidate the creature. It backs away as Kira advances, unaware of Lyrica, who had snuck around it. As Kira's sword clangs against the bone armor, Lyrica waits for an opening. She wants for nothing more than to charge into battle, but she knows she can't this time.

When the berserker hits Kira in the face, knocking her down, Lyrica moves. She aims for the exposed part of the body, just below the ribs, and her daggers pierce the flesh of the monster. With an agonized roar, the berserker turns and hits Lyrica across the face, sending her flying several feet before she lands on her back.

"Kira! Kira! Kira, get up!" Liam shouts, trying to get the asian girl to her feet. Lyrica pulls herself to her feet and stumbles over to the two.

"Kira! Get up! Come on!" The teacher calls and Kira finally jumps to her feet, sword in hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Liam! Run!" Kira shouts as the beta is thrown to the ground once more, blood and cuts littering his face. "Get out of here!" Kira desperately tries to catch her breath, a rather large gash lining her jaw. Lyrica is locked in battle with the berserker, repeatedly throwing and blocking hits.

Liam pushes himself to his feet, his anger taking over him, as his growls get louder and louder. He looks down at his arm in wonder when he feels exhausted. But it's not his exhaustion. It's coming from the mark etched into his arm. It's coming from Lyrica. Liam's loud roar distracts the berserker, and it turns to face the beta.

Liam jumps up onto the fence covering a generator right next to the berserker. He howls as he jumps off of it, claws coming down violently onto the berserker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott wakes up with a yell that is quickly taken over by his own gasps for air. He takes in Argent, Stiles, and Kira standing over him, his girlfriend leaning down to kiss him.

"Did it work?" He asks when they part. At that time, Liam rushes into the room.

"What?" Kira asks, not liking the way he's looking at her.

"It's your mother." Liam swallows harshly. "She's hurt."

-------------------------------------

"No no no no no, you stay with me." Melissa tells Noshiko, holding the much older woman in her arms as she pants. Lyrica presses her jacket into Noshiko's side over top of Melissa and her own hands, and Noshiko groans in agony.

"What the hell happened here?" A doctor exclaims, running over and dropping next to the three women.

"It doesn't matter, just help me get her off the floor." Melissa demands as Noshiko's eyes start to roll back.