40

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!! What did you all get for Christmas? I know it's a bit late, but here's a nice little update for ya! This story is coming to an end soon and it's been a long journey, but I can't wait for it to end. I mean that in the best way possible. I have several other works and fanfics that I can't wait to get going once this story is finished.

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

"It-It's our mate mark." I stutter, surprised it happened so quickly.

"Okay, why the heck do I have it?" Liam panics.

"Derek was born with his and mine appeared in the place where I was bitten." I explain. "It's there to help connect us. Isaac got his not long after we adopted him, because he was instantly part of our pack and our family. Derek and I are soulmates and our power stretches to our children as well. I-I guess with everything that happened, our bond decided to pull you in."

"But why me?"

"I don't know, Buddy. I don't make the rules." I sigh.

"Why do you seem so upset about it? Do you not want me?" Liam looks ready to cry.

"No, Liam. Of course I want you. I sighed because when it happened with Isaac, my body freaked out and my arm pretty much turned into a giant boil. With my healing and shifting, it healed fast, but I can't shift. I don't even know if it'll happen again, though. I guess we'll have to visit Deaton again soon."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Time Skip-

"Is four enough?" Kira asks as we take out our laptops.

"Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so." Stiles answers.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam asks.

"We're doing it. Tonight." Scott nods, and I cringe from the anxiety seeping through the mate bond.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asks.

"Of course." I shrug.

"It's incredibly dangerous. And borderline idiotic." Stiles adds.

"Have you guys done something like this before?" Liam asks again.

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?"

"It's a solid 'yes' to both." I nod. "But calm down. We know what we're doing."

"What? I am calm. I'm totally calm." Liam scoffs through his lie.

"I can feel your anxiety, Liam. New bond, remember?" I tap my mark on my neck for emphasis. "I can feel everything you feel."

"Everything?" His eyes go wide.

"Unless I block it out or the bond is weakened, yup." I chuckle.

"Look Liam, you don't have to be a part of this if you don't want to." Scott tells his beta.

"I'm not scared." Liam tells him.

"Well then you're borderline idiotic." Stiles grins with a wink. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?"

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required." Scott explains.

"Simon said the same thing." Stiles sighs. "He couldn't get paid by the benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me!" I exclaim before hitting both Scott and Stiles in the back of the head.