46

*cough*plottwist*cough*

(3rd P.O.V. Still)

Scott grabs both helmets, rushing out of his room and down the stairs. He hands Liam the red one, the beta jumping to his feet to follow him out of the living room.

"Kira found Brett. They're fine but we've got to go." He tells his beta.

"More assassins?" Liam asks, scrambling to follow Scott.

"Maybe a lot more."

"Different than the ones who just tried to set us on fire?" Liam asks, stopping beside the dining table.

"I think so, yeah." Scott answers, yanking the door open. He stops, however, when he notices that Liam isn't following him. The freshman carefully sets the helmet down on the table. Scott closes the door and walks back inside, setting his helmet down as well. He walks over to Liam and picks up the red helmet, holding it out to the beta once more. "How about I take you home?"

"I'm not like you." Liam mutters.

"Not yet." Scott smiles.

"I don't mean I'm not strong, or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control. I mean everything else. You and your friends try to protect everyone. Have you been doing this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?"

"Not all of us are." Scott says, voice glum as he thinks of everyone they lost. Aiden, Erica, Boyd, Allison, Hunter. He holds out the helmet once more. "Let me at least take you home."

Liam takes the helmet once more, following Scott out the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

"They'll be okay." Scott says, coming over to me and Derek, referring to Satomi and her pack who we're currently hiding in one of Argent's warehouses.

"They've got claws and fangs, but they're not fighters." I sigh as we move closer to Scott and Kira.

"That's why I called you." Scott follows us.

"Well, try to remember Scott, I don't have claws and fangs anymore either. And right now, neither does Lyrica." Derek says, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Which is why they called me." Braeden inputs.

"Am I the only one hoping this is all just a false alarm?" Kira quickly asks. "I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?"

Derek gives Scott a slightly amused look and I hide my chuckle.

"Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden shifts the topic.

"Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the Lake House. They're trying to stop it."

"What if there is no stopping it?" Brett butts in. "What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?"

It's quiet for a moment before Derek speaks.

"Then let's send a message." He suggests. "Let's make tonight perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun." Derek picks up a pistol from a table. "Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money, is gonna be put on another list. Our list. They get to be a name on our deadpool."

Braeden cocks her shotgun in agreement and I grin. Everyone disperses, putting their new determination to use. I walk up to Derek, placing one hand on his shoulder and holding the collar of his shirt with the other.