Forever - Chapter Seven

Quick side note, when I describe a character "morphing" clothes onto their body, it looks similar to a sailor moon transformation all at once and without the fancy poses. Thought that might help. And if any text is underlined and not italicized, that means more than one person is speaking at a time.

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment first, to let go of life finally, to take a step without feet..." -Rumi

'~-Amelia-~'

May 17th, 2003

Last night I dreamt about the moment our first kiss happened. I remembered clear as day how the spring breeze chilled my feathers and how in the seconds that our lips connected, I knew that he was always meant to be mine. That day appeared to be so far from the present, but, at the same time, it could have been last Tuesday. 

When I came to, I leaped out of my comfortable, white mattress and hurried down the hall. As I passed Spencer's room, I peeked through the crack in the door, not shocked at his absence. When I entered the living room, I expected my boyfriend to be waiting for me to be awake. However, his presence was missing from the small home.

"Spencer?" I called out his name, sitting down on the leather couch. A note abruptly appeared in the palm of my hand, written on a yellow sticky note.

"Have a couple of things planned, just resume your routine. Will see you soon. <3" 

I sighed, placing the note down on one of the end tables. I had some things to do today, anyway. 

I swiftly made a bowl of Cocoa Puffs and ate my breakfast while checking on the children. Crystal, who was now four, was awake, playing quietly with her hot wheels as to not disturb her still sleeping brother. I silently awed at the situation, planting a quick kiss on my daughter's forehead before setting down my empty bowl of cereal.

"Do you want me to play with you?" I whispered, and she nodded enthusiastically, handing me a small, pink monster truck labeled "Madusa". 

I began to lead the toy around an imaginary track, making small engine noises as it went in circles. Crystal grabbed her own truck, which was green, and said "Grave Digger" on the side. She chased my truck with hers, giggling as her truck pounced on mine. 

"Boom!" She whisper-shouted, simulating an explosion. "I'm dead too!"

I laughed. "We both lose, sweetheart." Crystal nodded as if that was the point. 

Suddenly, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and turned the screen on. It was a text from Matt.

"Sorry to ruin your anniversary but the council's gone haywire and we need you" It read.

"Hey Crystal, Mommy's gotta go to work, okay?" She nodded. 

"Will Nova come?" Crystal asked.

"In a minute, yes, they will." I kissed her forehead once more before making my way out of her room and into the kitchen. I summoned my dirty dish and set it down in the sink. I quickly morphed my pajamas into more suitable attire; a black leather coat with a white undershirt and light blue shorts.