Digby x Reader(Female) Part 2

Requested by:
Part 1, cause I'm not done yet!

Digby's P.O.V.

I let out a small yawn as I typed away on my computer. I wanted to be a designer, not a writer. That would be weird...

I heard echoing footsteps as Tom Nook walked down to see how everyone in the office was doing.

"Everyone is working hard, hm?", he asked. I nodded and started to get back to work, when Nook placed his paw on my desk.

"Well if it isn't my favorite worker...", he mocked. This wouldn't end well. "Listen, I have some papers that need filing, which will require you to stay after hours."

WHAT?!?! "B-B-but Mr. Nook, I was, uh, hoping to be with my sis for our birthday!", I pleaded. I wanted to spend time with (Y/N) too, but I wouldn't tell him that. "Why can't Lottie or Lyle do it?", I asked, pointing to the other workers.

"So, you're saying you would have a problem with overtime, hm?", Nook asked, giving me a stern look. I sighed heavily. "No, Mr. Nook...", I grumbled.

"Perfect!", he cheered, patting my back. "Then back to work you go, yes yes!" He walked away as if nothing happened, leaving me to ponder just how long I would be here. I hope I'm not here for too long.

Later...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I shuffled through the snow, while tiny white snowflakes hit me in the face. Now there was a big storm outside. And I was in the middle of it!

I looked at the present in my hands, making sure nothing bad happened to it. I had to get it to Digby. I had to!

Digby's P.O.V

I sighed as I looked at the clock, waiting to go home. I looked outside at the cold harsh world around me. It started snowing outside. Like, a lot!

I decided to take a little break and took out my Nook Phone. I scrolled through the album and looked at some old pictures of me and (Y/N).

I remembered the memories we shared. All those times we hung out together.

The beach, where we would play in the water for hours at a time. The movies, where she would hold my paw when I was scared. The carnival, where we would ride the Ferris wheel, just to be alone together.

What I would do to do that again... Just then, I heard a knock on the door. I looked outside to see (Y/N) covered in snow!

I jumped up and ran to the door immediately letting her inside. Still shivering, she shakily put a small box on a desk next to her. "How long have you been out there?!", I asked.

"Just about an hour.", she chuckled. "AN HOUR?!?!", I shouted. "It's not a big deal.", she shrugged it off. "It is to me.", I replied, holding her close. "Why would you do that?"

"It's your birthday, Digby. Don't you remember?", (Y/N) asked. I let go of her, realizing that it was my birthday. I guess I was so focused on work and what to get Izzy for her birthday, I forgot we had the same birthday.

"Yeah I remember.", I replied. "But that's no reason for toy coming out here. You could have waited till tomorrow." (Y/N) looked down, ashamed of what she did.

I was worried, and a little peeved, that she would do that just for me. But...It shows what she's willing to do just for me.

"Hey, I'm sorry.", I said, grabbing her hand. "So what did you get me?" She giggled, handing me the present. I slowly unwrapped it to reveal a small diamond ring.

"(Y/N), this is...", I was speechless. I loved it, but it looks like it cost a million bells! "This is too much! I can't accept this.", I said handing the present back to her.

"But I got it just for you.", she argued. "I spent all my savings on it." "Which is why I can't have it. It's too expensive.", I repeated. "You shouldn't have gotten this for someone like me."

In that moment, I think something in (Y/N) snapped. "Don't say things like that!", she shouted catching me off guard.

"You are so nice, Digby. Like, way too nice. I chose to get this for you because you deserve it. For everything you do, for me and everyone else"

"Some people may not appreciate you, but I do! To me, this isn't even enough. If I could, I would give you the world, because that's what you deserve!"

Once she finished I was shocked! I can't believe that. How could someone care for me so much? I just want to...

I pulled (Y/N) close, making her blush, making me blush a little, too. "I don't need the world, or some fancy ring, or any type of present.", I spoke softly.

"All I need is you." I saw (Y/N) tear up a little as I gently leaned in for a kiss. It was short but sweet. It was the best gift I could ever get.

After we parted, (Y/N) was practically in tears. She hugged me close almost squeezing me. "I love you, Digby!", she mumbled, her face a flustered mess.

I chuckled. "I love you too, (Y/N).", I whispered, patting her back. After that, we spent the night in the office, talking about each other, our memories, and when we started to have feelings for each other.

This was the best day of my life, and I would trade it for the world. (Y/N) agreed to return the ring, because all we needed was each other.

I loved her. And I always would.

A/N
Sorry that took a while😅. I'll write again next week. Well, hope you enjoyed it. Bye, for now!👋