Lobo x Reader(Gender Neutral)

Requested by:
SiaSophie4

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I ran around the town, chasing the butterflies, with my friend, Goldie. We laughed as we playfully jumped through the grassy fields, chasing the bugs.

I know I'm the mayor, and I'm supposed to be a role model or something like that, but even adults need to have a little fun once in a while...you know?

As I was chasing a butterfly, swinging my net at it, I felt myself being yanked back. "Woah!", I shouted, startled by the sudden change of direction. I turned around and gave Goldie a confused expression.

"What the heck, Goldie?!", I shouted, a bit louder than I should have. She pointed her paw forward. I looked to see where she was pointing at, and the sight creeped me out!

It looked like it was an old house, with some dust and cobwebs on the sides. I sure hoped it looked better on the inside...on second thought, I don't think I wanna know what it looks like on the inside.

"Don't go near that place!", Goldie whispered in my ear. "Why?", I asked, growing concerned. She looked like she had seen a ghost. "Rumor has it, that there's an evil wolf that lives there, that kills anyone who walks near his house of horrors!"

I was definitely shaken. But Goldie started to look a little pale. Just being near that house terrified her. "Alright!", I spoke, straightening my back. "Let's get out of here!", I said as I pulled Goldie by the arm, getting as far away from that house as possible.

I don't get it, though... How have I never seen that house before? It must be new, right? But then how did the rumors start? Whatever. I'm sure that house isn't foreshadowing anything at all!

Later...

I was super tired from chasing bugs all day. I said goodbye to Goldie before walking towards my house. I just wanted to sleep forever.

While walking to my house, I got a weird feeling... I looked in front of me to see...a butterfly! I took out my butterfly net. I felt awful, but I haven't seen this type of butterfly before, so I wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waste!

I ran after the butterfly, using up the last bit of energy I had left. I stopped chasing it when it flew in front of the mysterious house. I paused and got that eerie feeling again.

It flew up to the door of the building and...went inside?! I took a closer look to realize that the door was open. My curiosity got the best of me, and I started walking towards the door.

I paused once I got in front of it. The lights were off, so maybe the owner wasn't home? Would I take that chance? If I didn't go in, who knows what will happen to that butterfly!

I slowly opened the door, my entire body shaking. I peeked inside, to see the butterfly hovering above a table. I walked over to it and quickly grabbed it with my net. I turned to run towards the door when it slammed shut! Oh no...

I turned to look at a gray-white wolf, with bright yellow eyes. He scowled at me as I backed away. I fell on my back and slid up against the wall. I started sweating, tears forming in the corners of my eyes.

The wolf then looked confused at me. "I'm sorry, are you okay?", he asked, holding out a paw. I was stunned. "You're...not gonna kill me?", I asked, still shaking. "Kill you?", the wolf laughed. "C'mon! I'll make you something to eat."

I hesitantly stood up, not sure what was going on. I sat down in a small chair in front of the table. I looked at the door. I could run away, while he was making food. But what if he- "Here you go.", he spoke as he put a small plate with a PB&J sandwich in front of me.

I stared at the wolf as he ate his sandwich. He caught me staring, and stopped eating. "I don't know much about humans...", he stated, setting down his sandwich. "But don't you usually need to eat something to...you know...live?"

I looked down at the untouched sandwich, remembering it was still there. "Oh yeah...", I mumbled. "Is something wrong?", the wolf asked, voiced with concern. His voice was smooth and gentle, like the voice of a concerned friend. I liked his voice. Why, though?!

When I realized he had asked me a question, I said, "umm...I'm just...confused..." "About what?", he asked, taking another bite of his sandwich. "There's a rumor...that you...kill people...", I felt terrible as I said that. I just wanted to hide away now.

The wolf stopped eating. "Oh...", he mumbled. "So that's what people think of me?" His ears dropped down, as he looked away from me. Now I really bad! "But I don't think that!", I quickly stated, seeming to make him a little less sad.

"You seem nice." He blushed a little. "I may be a little grouchy, but I'm no murderer!", he spoke, scratching the back of his head. I stood up from my chair. "Don't worry.", I reassured him. "I'll make sure the others get to know you for who you really are!"

This made him brighten up immediately. He stood up from his chair and held out his paw. "Thanks!", he thanked me. "I'm Lobo." "(Y/N)!", I replied, shaking his paw.

After about an hour of chatting, and getting to know each other, I can happily say that Lobo is a nice person. He sometimes would complain about certain things, but that wasn't that bad.

As I was walking out the door, I turned back towards him. "Thanks!", I cheered happily! "Thank you.", he responded. I walked up to him and gave him a small peck on the cheek, causing him to become all flustered. I giggled at the look on his face.

I waved goodbye and started walking home. Today was a good day. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

A/N
Sorry this took a while. I'm also very sorry to the person who requested Tom Nook x reader. I know I said I would make it next, but then I got this inspiration, and one thing led to another. I'll make it next chapter, I swear! Anyway, hope this is what you wanted. Bye, for now!👋