Whitney x Reader(Transmale)

Art: https://www.deviantart.com/unknownlifeform/art/Whitney-837179346

Requested by: ChaseTheOmega

It was a cold winter day. Soft fluffy snow littered the ground, as I spent my time indoors, getting ready for a stress-inducing adventure. I skimmed through the Able Sister's clothing catalog, stopping at the (F/C) cardigan I had been looking at for a while now.

I always had my best friend Whitney do my shopping for me. Ever since I started my transition, I... have been a little reluctant to show my face outside. I guess I was just a little reluctant because I don't know how people will react.

But my friend Whitney is practically begging me to come out of my house, and I guess I should get out of my comfort zone eventually. I slipped my warm winter boots on, got a fluffy jacket, a warm snow hat, and took a deep breath, getting ready to embark on my journey. Just as I did so, I heard a small knock on my door.

I stepped outside, and immediately remember how freaking cold it is... Luckily though, Whitney's standing right next to me, and embraces me in a warm hug. Always so affectionate, Whitney is. But hey, I'm certainly not going to complain.

I'd happily receive a hug from my favorite arctic wolf. She was covered in white fur, has the blue-est eyes, a tuft of wavy fur on her head, and a fluffy tail that always waved back and forth happily.

"(Y/N)!" she shouted. "How's my most favorite buddy doing?" "I'm fine." I chuckled. "Just a bit nervous, though." "It's ok, (Y/N), you'll be fine," she assured me, putting her arm around my shoulder. "Either way, I'll always love ya, Snappy!"

Her words tugged at my heart strings. "Thanks, Whitney. Should we get going?" I replied. "It's pretty cold outside." "Alrighty!" she replied, skipping through the snow-covered terrain. "C'mon, Snappy! Let's get going." Whitney laughed as her fur blew gently in the freezing wind, her tail wagging in excitement. "Wait up, Whitney!" I shouted as I chased after her. We laughed as we both galavanted to the Able Sister's clothing store.

*

The small chime of a bell could be heard as I opened the door of the Able Sister's store. I spotted Mabel talking to her sister, Sable. "Welcome!" she happily greeted, walking over next to me, as Sable quietly went back to her sewing.

I quietly waved to Mabel as I slowly entered the store, taking in the surroundings once again. "It's been quite a while since you've visited us, I almost didn't recognize you. You look completely different! Do you mind telling me your name again, hun?" "Oh, it's uh, (Y/N) now..." I replied, uncertainty slightly filling my voice.

"Well it's good to see you again, (Y/N)!" Mabel replied. "Feel free to have a look around until you find something you like." I nodded in return, slowly walking around the store, trying to avoid eye contact with either of the sisters.

I eventually stumbled upon the (F/C) cardigan that I spotted in the catalog, sitting right there on a small mannequin in the middle of the store, in all its warm, fuzzy glory. I slowly grabbed the shirt, feeling out its soft, fluffy texture, contemplating my next move.

"Would you like to try it on?" Mabel appeared out of nowhere behind me, causing me to jump a little. "Uh, sure," I replied, walking over to the changing room. A few moments later, I walked out, wearing the new cardigan. It felt nice and warm wrapped around my body, like a gentle hug.

"Well don't you just look like a million bucks!" Mabel chuckled, eyeing my outfit. "I think I'll keep this on," I said while handing Mabel some bells, slightly blushing. "Very well!" she cheerily replied. "Will that be all then, Mister "(Y/N)"

M-mister...? A small formed across my face. "Ah! Sorry." Mabel immediately apologized, blushing as well. "Did I say something wrong? I didn't offend you, did I, hun?" "No no no, not at all!" I quickly assured her. She breathed a small sigh of relief. "Thanks for the help. I'll be back soon." I told her as I began to take my leave.

"Anytime, sugar. We're happy to have you!" Mabel replied, waving goodbye, still a little flustered. I opened the door and stepped back into the powdery snow, Whitney pacing back and forth, eagerly waiting for me to return.

Whitney stopped pacing, her sparkly blue eyes catching mine. She eagerly ran up to me, her tail wagging back and forth. "How did it go, Snappy?" she asked, seemingly ready to comfort or console me.

I ran up to her, embracing her in my arms, my hands running through her delicate fur. She stumbled back a bit, being caught off guard, before returning the gesture with a full hug. She put her right paw on my head as I rested it on her shoulder, basking in her warm embrace. "If you wanted a free hug, you could always just ask me, Snappy." she lightly chuckled.

A small part of me felt so relieved like I was finally accepted. I know I shouldn't care about how others see me and all that, but I feel better being reassured that I can finally be true to myself.

"Thank you", I quietly whispered. "I think I needed that." She softly patted my head. "You're welcome, (Y/N), I always love helping you out." I slowly let go of her, despite wanting to feel her warmth in the freezing outdoors.

"Say Snappy, since everything went well, how about we finally have that rematch?" Whitney asked with a light chuckle, her tail wagging more now. "You're on!" I replied, bending down and forming a small ball of snow in my hands.

Whitney laughed as I hurled a small snowball in her direction, just barely missing her. We both laughed as we played in the snow for what felt like hours, just enjoying each other's company. I'm so glad that I have a friend like Whitney, and that I can be myself whenever I'm with her. I hope this day never ends!

A/N
Hope you guys enjoyed this one!  Bye, for now!👋