26- Regret

Recap

He starts to put the knife deeper in my neck but a shot goes off. He stops in his tracks before slowly falling down, dead.

I look over and see Kendra, but she doesn't have anything in her hands. I turn around and see Riley standing with a real gun pointing to the direction where her dad stood.

Moments of silence washes over us.

————

Victoria's POV

I watch in shock as we each stood there.

Riley has saved me.

After everything that has happened between us, she still saved me.

A few minutes later, I heard a sniffle and see Riley break down sobbing, "Why did I trust him?"

Kendra and I look at each other, she continues, "Why did I join him? Why did I listen to him? Why did I rely on him? Why did I make him a priority when he makes me an option? Why did I believe that everything he said was true? Why?! I loved him as my father and this is what he thinks of me?!"

Everyone including Owen comes in, too far for Riley to notice.

"I'm so sorry, Riley."

"Damn it, I'm so stupid. I sacrificed literally everything to make him happy. I regret everything that I did. I regret using people. I regret backstabbing my friends. I regret all the bad things I have done. I regret how I treated everyone. I regret it all. You have to believe me about what I'm saying. I promise I'm not a totally bad person. I have a good Riley inside. She's just too scared of what people might think. I've been sucked into my father's world, thinking that everything has to benefit you while others suffer through it. That nobody cares for you and that you need to protect yourself and no one else. I'm so sorry for everything I did and I'm sorry for what I said and do. I'm so sorry."

We all sit in silence as she sobs. Savannah, Heather, and Anna all come up to here and hugs her.

"We are so sorry."

After a few minutes of crying and having the feeling of guilt, Officer James comes with Tiffany. She says,

"Are you kidding me, Riley?! They betrayed you and you still give THEM recognition?!"

"Whatever Tiff. At least they know the right from the wrong."

"You are such a hypocrite. I hope you die."

Riley and Tiffany head towards each other but we hold each of them back.

Tiffany says, "I will get you back, Riley."

"You can try all you want. You will never get to me."

The officers take Tiffany away. Then, Liliana and some adults come in with lots of wires and supplies.

I walk up to her and ask, "Hi Liliana. What are you doing here?"

She responds, "Oh hi. I heard you completed your mission. I'm just here with my mom to check out the damage of the security that was ruined. We're here to fix it and maybe add some updates She works for Google."