12- The Crossout

Victoria's POV (end of the week)

Oh boy, it's the end of the week. I mean I'm happy and all, but we still need to complete the mission. We have NEVER taken this long before. Ughhh, so frustrating!!!

"Which is why you needed that break with us." You guessed it, Kendra.

Man, that wasn't supposed to be out loud.

"Well you just said it."

Josh-"I mean, it was refreshing. But we still learned something."

Me- "What is it?"

Kendra- "That's for something to learn at a different time."

Me- "Why can't you guys help me? I mean, we are a team, aren't we?

Kendra- "We are, don't worry. Everything is going to be okay."

Me- "Well someone needs to work this out cause it's not going to magically be revealed."

Josh- "You never know."

Me- "You're not helping."

Kendra- "You're stressing out too much, just relax."

Me- "I wouldn't be stressing if I had friends helping me."

Kendra and Josh- "WE ARE!!"

Me- "And how it that? Not doing anything is helping?!"

Kendra- "Vicky, all we're doing is—" The bell rang.

Me- "Gotta go. See you around." And I walk away. But I then hear Kendra mumble,

"trying to help you loosen up."

———-

The more stressed I get, the harder my classes get. Why is life so complicated?!

Finally it's lunch, where my best friend of all time is...FOOD! I love food.

I arrive at the cafeteria and see that I'm one of the first people here. I get my food and head to a different table than the usual one that we sit at. Everyone has been driving my crazy so I need my alone time. Unfortunately, my friends see me and sit where I'm sitting with the some others following. I roll my eyes.

Matthew- "Yeah, we get that a lot."

Anna- "Why did we switch tables?"

Me- "Because I felt like it."

Kendra- "Is it your time of month?"

Me- "WHAT NO! WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT?!"

Kendra- "Mood changes."

Josh- "I'm so confused right now."

Kendra- "Awww, you seem so innocent."

Josh- "You don't even know."

Heather and Tiffany come to the table.

"Hi" "Hey"

Matthew- "What are you guys doing here?"

Heather- "I can't spend quality time with you? (pout her lips)" *mental eye roll

Tiffany- "Has anyone seen Zachary? I need to tell him something."

Josh- "Haven't seen him."

Anna- "Where's Riley and Savannah?"

Heather and Tiffany look at each other. "Savannah is trying to talk to Owen and Riley is doing something."

Matthew- "Where is Owen? I haven't seen him all day."

Me- "I have no idea." Me and Matthew look at each other.

Kendra- "Well anyways..."

I block out the whole conversation. Why is everyone suddenly missing? Something is going on. I need to find out.

During the half of the conversation the others are having, I sneak to the library with my stuff. I walk in the library and sit at a table. I then take my computer out and look at the trackers. But through the reflection, I see Liliana looking at my current screen. Oh no.

"So you're the spy huh?"

"Um...I guess you can say that."

"Ok (get closer to me) for which side."

I say nothing. She continues, "If you're for the bad, it will be your fault my mom loses her job and you will pay for it."

I immediately say, "Don't worry, I-I'm for the good."

"How can I trust you?"

I think of something quick, "Well, the bad spy is new to our school. I've been here since 1st grade so I'm not new. Also, if I'm the bad, I wouldn't be spying so openly. "

"Why is that?"

I felt someone's eyes on me.

"The bad always does stuff in secret because they don't want to be caught. I wouldn't be talking to you if I'm the bad."

She thinks for a moment before says, "I trust you. And just saying, I'm not a spy."

FINALLY! I HAVE GOTTEN ONE PERSON OFF THE VICTIMS LIST. YASSS! That's scared me for a moment since she was a victim, but now I know she's not. That almost gave me a heart attack. Now that's what I call refreshing.

Liliana says, "I wouldn't be able to do that stuff. They look complex and I barely know technology. I only use it for some school stuff. Now I'm wondering, who were the other suspects?"

"The other new kids."

"That's hard. I wish I could help but I'm not the person to ask."

"Actually, you can help. Instead of me hacking to your device every time, mind if you send that message to me? I can do some research better."

"Sure."

"Thank you so much."

"No problem, good luck with the mystery. Hope you can catch them."

I feel so relieved. I hope she not lying. I mean, she now knows I'm a spy and she now she's helping me, spies don't do that when they are on opposite sides. She sends me the message on my phone before the bell rings. No need to bother her anymore.

I need to tell- never mind, they won't help. Guess I'll be on my own.

Ooooo getting more intense ;D Sorry for posting late :/