15- "I wonder"

Matthew's POV (start of the new week)
*This chapter isn't really that good

Why?!?! Just why does everything go wrong at THIS moment? Out of all the missions, this is the hardest.

First we have Victoria being the traitor, (yes, I still strongly believe in that) Kendra not agreeing with me and defending her, (which is kinda stupid since she's the suspect), and Josh has quit the team. He can't do that.

We all sign a contract before getting recruited to say that we will put our full commitment to this team. Right now, I'm the only one following that contract since Victoria is the traitor (that will be her new nickname), Kendra took that useless break, and Josh just left.

I don't understand. Our team is slowly dying and falling apart. In other mission, we were working perfectly fine, obviously little here and there but still. This mission could possibly be the end of us.

I walk into school and went to Josh's locker since I wait for him everyday. I was going my direction until I got bumped by someone. I look to see who I bumped into and saw it was Victoria.

We made eye contact for awhile and all my hate towards her has disappeared. She looked really tired from the bags under her eyes. For a quick second, she seemed innocent. But unfortunately, she looked down and mumbled a quick sorry before she went off, then my hate has returned.

What was that all about? Everything just suddenly changed.

I walk to my locker to get my books out when I hear loud footsteps. I turn around only to see Heather and Savannah heading my direction. Heather says,

"Hey Matt, how's everything going?"

Me- "Why would you want to know?"

Savannah- "Geez, she was just asking. Men I tell you. Always so selfish."

I roll my eyes. I'm guessing her Owen problem wasn't situated.

Savannah- "And why would you care? It's not like Heather likes you anyways."

Heather- "Savannah, you weren't supposed to say that."

Me- "I mean I would be upset but then that would look fake. Just like you guys are."

Their mouths both drop while I walk away with swag. Oh yeah, getting the bad boy vibe here, yes.

I hear a yell behind me saying, "It's not like I care either. I was just trying to get to know you. Besides, you're not even my type."

I freeze for a few seconds before turning around and saying,

"Why the heck would you want to know about me?"

Heather says, "Well why would I say if you didn't care?"

And her and Savannah walk away.

What is going on?

-----

After a few classes later, I have English class with Heather, Savannah, and Owen. Shoot, I forgot we have that stupid skit about pronouns and adjectives that we have to make. Dang it!

....I just realized Heather and Savannah are in my group with Owen. ARGHHHHHH!

We get in our groups and everything is just, awkward. Savannah look tensed, Heather looks uncomfortable, and Owen is just doing something on his computer which involves hacking as what he told me. Strange. 

I'm still wondering what this morning was all about. Out of all people, it has the be Heather.

Since we wrote our sentences down, we just need to make a skit on video acting out what the sentence says. I know, it's confusing, for an English class. But the problem is, no one knows what to do. We're just, sitting here doing nothing. 

The end of class,  Savannah finally says,

"You guys should do the acting. Me and Heather ain't doing it."

Owen- "That's unfair, we supposed to be doing in in a group. Not just me and Matthew."

Heather- "Well just figure something out. Me and Savannah can't do it so it has to be you two."

Me- "WE are not doing all the work."

Heather- "Yes you are. Our grades is on the line so it better be good."

Owen- "This is why I rather work alone. Well since you guys aren't doing it, we aren't either. Besides, I have a lot of stuff outside school to do that is important.

Savannah- "And how important is that stuff?"

Owen- "These stuff that were talking about has my family on the line. I have to complete it, it's my only hope."

Wait, what is he talking about?

The bell rings and everyone exits the class while I just sit there.

What does he have to complete? I'm so confused.

Mrs. Smith then looks up from her desk to see me just sitting. We make eye contact for a moment before I rush out the door. She can intimidate me sometimes.

"I wonder"

I'm sorry to say that this chapter is really boring. I didn't really know what to put for this...oops *shrugs