19-"Do you know why I brought you here?"

It's been awhile. Here is the next chapter. (I know, not a good chapter title) See you at the bottom :) Personally, the beginning is really bored, BUT it gets better towards the end

Recap

"Now tell me, who started this or else you will all get suspended."

WHAT?! Everyone starts to panic and talk at once.

Mrs. Johnson says, "QUIET! Now, is anyone going to tell me who started this or not?"

No one dares to speak. "Alright, grade suspension for 2 days."

Everyone has their mouth dropped. Is she even allowed to do that?

"This is unacceptable. You should know better and will learn from this." She starts walking out the cafeteria until a voice is heard.

"Um Mrs. Johnson, I don't think you can do that."

Woah. What a brave soul. Prepare to die kid.

She turns around only to see everyone is looking at her. "Who just said that?"

————-

Victoria's POV

"I did."

Everyone looks in the back of the cafeteria at mt direction. I suddenly feel insecure of all the faces looking at me. I don't know what to do.

Next thing you know, Mrs. Johnson is standing right in front of me looking either angry, amused, or disappointed.

She say, "And why would you say that? I mean, don't you think that everyone deserves it?" Convince me why and the whole grade will NOT be suspended. Fail me and the whole grade will get what they get."

Yikes. The pressure is on. People are looking at me like they are either unsure or that they have hope in me.

I start to say, "Well obviously, someone in this room must have started it. You can't just blame the whole grade."

"Well yes, but most of the people here have participated in it, which makes them part of the situation."

"Yes, I know that. But, would you really want to suspend a whole grade for something that the majority of the people did? Even though some weren't even part of it and yet they are getting the punishment as well?"

I let that register in people's mind before continuing.

"Just think, if you were to suspend the grade, that would get many complaints from our parents. And since it's the whole grade, that would be lots of complaints, which will soon be heard from the leader of our district.  This will soon be on the school's record, which is a bad thing, and will bring our scores down. Now that our scores is down, we won't be recommended by others and won't find ourselves on the top of the charts as Best School.  Now that the school isn't on top, the school will be getting less money than previous years since people supporting this school help fund-raise as Best School. And this school need money to help pay for everything the students need to have an education, since that is the meaning of school."

I continue, "Everyone on the outside will view this school as a punishment for kids since you would have suspended us of 2 days. And suspension will be on the student's record which will soon be viewed by high school and colleges. Parents want their kids to succeed and do well, so they won't send their kids here because of the suspension that you gave to the whole grade."

I'm still going. I can do this.

"Their may also be a slight chance since at this point, the school isn't doing well on their records, getting less kids each year, and not earning enough money for fundraisers, that you might lose your job as principal. And the teachers that work here will lose their job since not many kids are coming to the school anymore. Just because of that, this school will go bye-bye. So think Mrs. Johnson, do you really want to suspend us?"

To be honest, I don't even know if any of this is true. I mean, yes, I did do my research about this school, but I still don't know if it's good enough.

And also, I wouldn't mind getting suspended. I mean c'mom, I would rather stay at home than to be a school. So much has happened and I just don't want to be present in the situation.

As I'm done talking, everyone just looks at me...in silence. Everything is so quiet as if they saw a ghost. I look around to see people with their raised eyebrow or their mouths dropped to the ground.

I look at Mrs. Johnson who actually looks surprised, shocked, or angry. She looks at me and says, "My office."

Oof. Not good.

I follow her out the cafeteria doors and into her office.

Her office looks clean but messy at the same time. It's just a large room that has windows looking at the view outside. Her desk is huge and her chair looks like a single couch with 2 wooden, cushioned chairs in front. Her wall consist of all the awards she has gotten from this school and lots of pictures of her.

She goes to her chair and sit down. It looks like she is sinking in the cushion. She gestures for me to sit in the chairs in front of her.

We both sit and not talk. It's kind of awkward. She looks at me and I look at her, not knowing what to say.

She finally breaks the silence by saying, "Do you know why I brought you here?"

I'm so confused that I just stay silent. I think I'm going to get in trouble.

"You're not in trouble, Victoria. Just answer the question."

How did she know that?!

"Victoria, everyone has secrets. I'm sure you have a secret and I have a secret. But let me tell you this, they will always come out eventually if you don't keep it to yourself. You understand me?"

I slowly nod my head in a confused matter.

"Good. Now tell me, why did I bring you here?"

"Um...because of my word choice in the cafeteria?"

"Nope, that has nothing to do with why I brought you here. Guess again."

I'm unsure of what to say. "Umm.....I don't know, m'am."

"Do you ever wonder what other people are doing with their life? Do you ever wonder what other people think? Do you ever wonder what other people are doing? Do you ever wonder what they are hiding?"

I'm shocked. I don't know what to say.

"You don't have to say anything, dear. But do you know why I brought you here?"

I look at her in the eyes and see nothing. I see nothing. 

"Well, my dear, I guess I just have to get this over with."

Then she snaps her fingers.

Next thing I know, I feel a hand go over my mouth as a bag goes over my head. I try to reach in my pocket to get my emergency weapon but the person tied my hands behind my back too quickly for me to make a move.

I feel something shoot my left arm and I see darkness.

Cliffhanger. Sorry for the long wait. I'm been really busy and lazy for the past few weeks. I'll try to update when I can and feel like it. I know it's been boring a little, but I promise you, its getting to the good part.