Bonus Chapter 1 | Michael is a good dad :V

《A/n: Sort of later on after the good ending. I legit couldn't think of a fitting title >:[》

    You probably should have noticed it sooner, though it was unnoticeable at first, Elier was already a reserved, quiet, and antisocial person in public.

    But with a mother’s sense, you had picked up on changes quite quickly. The way he had begun to shy away from hugs or any sort of contact. Excusing himself to his room as soon as he came home from school.

    Elena and Michael didn’t realize it as fast as you had. Elena occasionally being snapped at without knowing the reason whenever she tried to hug her twin.

    So, one day before Elier came home, you waited by the front door to greet the two. Pressing a kiss to their heads when they entered, as well as greeting Jess who had driven them. She and Keith had moved out, though they only lived a few doors away in the neighbourhood, which was a blessing. They were willing to help at any time.

    You placed a hand on Elier's shoulder. Ushering him to the empty kitchen.

    “Sit, Eli.” You say, sitting down in your own chair.

    Elier’s brows were knotted, an inner turmoil rumbling inside him. He subconsciously rubbed his sleeved arm. “What's up, mum?” He asks, his voice steady.

    “Something's obviously bothering you, Eli…” You start, your voice grew quiet as you trailed off. “What's the matter?”

    “It's nothing,” he dismissed immediately, causing you to purse your lips.

    “Elier… you know you can trust me with talking about it, do you?”

    He frowned, swallowing the lump in his throat. “Yeah, I know… don't worry about it, mom. Really.” Even with that, he sounded unconvinced. Yet you didn't say anything when he pushed his chair back and left.

    A sigh left your lips, at least he knows he can talk to me… if anything.

•▪°○°▪•

    Elier sat at the edge of his bed, phone in hand. He glared intently at the screen, his direct messages opened and taunted him.

    Hah l o s e r

    Why not just disappear? Not like anyone would notice rite? LOL

    Honestly, why do you even exist if you're really just a nobody with a lack of family in your life

    He gritted his teeth, they were stupid, a huge part of him didn't care for the toxic words. Yet another small part of him stung in silence (not including the bruises).

    He jumped when his door was swung open. Shutting off his phone and slipped it into his pocket when Elena walked into his room in a stride.

    “Hey, Eli.” She smiled one of her bright smiles, “wanna go to the park with me? Fresh air and all that, I've been studying for the past few days and need a break outdoors.”

    He glanced to the time, an hour and a half to spare before dinner has to be made. So he shrugged and stood up, grabbing a sweater for the autumn weather. “Sure thing.”

    She let out an audible pleased breath through her nose. “Oki-Doki, I'll tell mum and dad.”

    Elier nods, “I'll wait outside.” With that, he follows her out and into the hall. One of them descending down the stairs while the other knocked on yours and Michael's room.