Chapter XXIII: "Two" Leads To Drastic Measures

《A/n: Haha, the title is sort of important I guess. Also thank you all for 10k reads, I luv you all》

Michael paused as children's voices closed in on him and you. Before he saw the grass shake, and he felt tiredness wash over him.

As he snapped his eyes open in the dream world, his gaze was laid down upon the Nightmare. The shorter killer looked up to him, then to his (Y/n).

"Hey there, I don't believe we've spoken before." The burnt man looked to his claws with mild interest. "I'd like to give you a warning, for her and your child."

Michael stares, eyes narrowed in warning. The Nightmare responds quickly to the look, he let out a low unsettling chuckle, "I won't touch her... or your child, probably won't be able to meet them - shame - though you've already made your point for us not to touch whatever is yours." He rolled his eyes. "Though you can never be sure how safe they are when she's still being sent into games, right?"

Michael tilt's his head, was he saying this to throw him off? They have never spoken before, and the Shape wasn't sure whether Freddy was told to tell Michael he had to make an official decision or not.

His chest tightened, he... he wasn't sure if you were as safe as you assured him you were. Although he hid his uncertainty, he nods.

"Well, then you should probably think what's best for them..." the shorter man gestures to the woman at his side.

"Anyway I'm done here, sweet dreams." A wave was sent by the clawed hand before Michael was awoken.

•▪°○°▪•

You shivered, hugging the coat closer to you as you sat at the café table. Eyes half-lidded looked around, you weren't sleeping as long as before and you've been much more fatigued as of late.

"(Y/n)!" Your head shot up, looking to Leah. She walked around the counter, giving you a smile. "You alright, love?"

You nod slowly, eyes downcast to your hands. Signing to her as she places down a cup of coffee per your request (which she also said was on the house), "just cold."

Leah hums, "our heater is broken, sorry for that. I'm sure I have a spare woolen scarf if you'd like to use it?" She paused before holding a hand up, "no wait - I'm going to go find it and you're going to wear it!"

And she speeds off behind the counter, other patrons sending curious glances your way.

She returns a few minutes later with a light blue wool scarf folded in her hand. "Here ya go, love!" The scarf was dropped on your head with a bubbly laugh from her.

"Thank you," your shoulders shake with silent laughter, you wrapped the scarf around your neck. Smelled just like the whole bakery does, baked goods and pastries.

"No problemo, relax for a while." She smiles to you. And while you wanted to do just that, you really needed to discuss the fact you're pregnant with your other teammates in the other realm.

Laurie, Feng, and Bill kept their word on being quiet until you brought it up. Which was good, though you'd need to muster up some courage to actually say it when there's more than two others when you're given the chance.

Your coffee sat on your stomach (with your hands holding the drink), which seemed to feel heavier each week. You had to slow down with your commissions as your schedule was no longer the well maintained one you always kept up. Instead you weren't sure when you'll sleep or wake up, at times kept up planning for more strategies which you'd eventually share. Or the stress and emotion of when you finally have a baby.