Chapter XVIII: Weight Lifted Then Forced Back Down

《A/n: I'm sorry I'm slacking off a bit, just struggling on how I want to type these chapters out as of late. Thank you for your patience ♡ (though this chapter is shorter than others and I is sad from it)

You stared at the sketch in frustration.

You wanted to release your stress not make matters worse by making yourself more upset.

A month and a half had passed, much to your discomfort. You had always been one to share things that bothered you, it always felt better to share the weight with at least one person than keep it to carry.

Your sketch looked so... wrong, something needed to change or your proportions were off. It was frustrating to feel that your art didn't look right.

You sighed, putting your pencil and sketchpad down.

You needed a walk, or something to calm your nerves.

To experience your's and Michael's reunion was, awkward yet sweet to say.

He had noticed your discomfort, and you were glad he choose to respect the privacy by not asking about it.

With your sign in asking, flashing him the puppy dog eyes, he had (much reluctantly) agreed to cuddling for the rest of your time together.

You had noticed how he had been stiff too, and much like he had, you didn't ask about it.

•▪°○°▪•

Two months...

It had almost been two months and you had done yourself a lot of private research on the matter of pregnancy.

Happy? Yes.

Terrified? Absolutely.

There was no end to the stress for the expectation.

But you realized there isn't that big of an expectation, other than the baby themselves, you just need the right furniture and necessities...

You needed to tell someone asap.

It was Keith who broke down before you did.

"What is seriously going on with you, (Y/n)?!" He exclaims as he walks into your room with worry and concern painted clear as crystals on his face. "You seriously look stressed and mentally drained as hell and I'm fuckin' worried."

You looked down, guilty from the words. "I... I realize that. Sorry, okay?" You sign, still not looking up. "Can you give me until dinner?"

He huffs, clearly impatient as he had been waiting so long; been so worried.

You felt bad. Completely guilty from it, but you had your reasons too.

So he sighs, nodding slowly and without another sound leaves, shutting the door behind him.

You sat upon your bed, just trying to compose yourself enough, to gather enough courage to tell him. Your own brother.

By the time dinner came around, you were sure anxiety flooded from your form. Keith sure tensed up by it when you entered the dining room, finding your own serving of food ready for you.

You sat down, not picking up your fork or spoon.

"Go ahead." He breaks the thick silence with two words like a knife.

You don't meet his eye, but you begin to sign. "I didn't want to share this with you for a few reasons- not because I don't trust you -just because it was very hard news finding out about..."