Chapter XXXII: Back Home

《A/n: Soo I will be making two separate endings. A good, and a bad one. You can read both, or pick one and be satisfied with it (hopefully lol) though I may have one or two chapter(s) before that happens. Sorry it took so long, but I made this one about 3k words so pls forgive. 》

You were allowed to leave after three days, Keith and Jess going out on a limb to get car seats for Elena and Elier.

You sat between the two seats, Keith in the driver's, Michael in the passengers from what you could tell.

You felt Michael's gaze on you once in a while. Each of your hands were holding Elena and Elier's hand. With the short time that had passed, you practiced your new vocal chords. While another type of dread followed you since your first night back.

I can't paint like before, you think, already feeling your stomach sinking for the third time since that realization.

"(Y/n), everything good?" Keith speaks up.

Your mouth moves, sounding the word out slowly. "Yes." You feel Michael's gaze on you again. So you quietly whisper; "no."

You can hear the frown in Keith's voice, "don't stress, just relax for now. You need it." He says, and you nod slowly, head tilting down to where your lap would be.

You miss seeing things, colour and beauty that the world could hold. You wanted to see Michael again... and Keith, Jess, Meg, and all your friends.

After wishing to be able to speak again so many times, you'd rather want your sight back.

A large hand was rested on your knee, making you look up. Where Michael would be was replaced by mere darkness. But you felt the small circles he traced on your knee, probably needing to reach back at an awkward angle to assure you.

You appreciated it nonetheless. Smiling.

"Is Meg staying with us?" Keith asks after a moment, the car bumps and Michael's hand is pulled back.

"Y-es." You mutter, not liking the thought of abandoning your old teammate. She needs a place, you know that. Just until she has enough to support herself. Hell, she had already told you she was searching for jobs yesterday. You knew she didn't want to come off as one of those people who will stay and never do anything else on it.

"Alright. Well you know we still got a lot of shopping to take care of." He says, "but me and Jess can take care of it. You four need to settle in after... all that."

Michael is the one to huff next to you, you're not entirely sure why. You lean back in your seat, nodding off quietly.

Slowly you fall asleep.

You jolted up, confused, with sight. Then you heard it, head turning slowly, a familiar song reaching your ears. Though this time lyrics accompanied it.

"One, two, Freddy's coming for you."

"Three, four, better lock your door."

Your eyes trail to the three girls farther down the street. Brushing yourself off as you now knew where you were. Looking around before (with uncertainty) you walked to the three girls.

"Wh-ere is he?" You ask when their heads turn your way. Then all three point behind you.

You turn, arms crossed. Having it dawn on you that, you can be killed this time. So you need to play smart, and careful.

You spin on your heel, eyes meeting Freddy's. A laugh leaving his lips, hearing the claw-like blades brush against each other. "Been a long time, hmm?"