Chapter XXX: Michael's Return

《 A/n: Watched the new Halloween movie, so I had to finish this chapter for you all ^^ 》

Keith entered his home before taking off his shoes and running up the stairs to retrieve his things.

Jess waited by the door patiently while Keith rummaged through his bag, making sure he has enough money for clothing.

His eyes flicked to the house phone, grabbing it with a hand and dialing on it quickly.

"Hello there, sorry. I'm a bit busy right now." Leah's recorded message said through the phone's speaker. "I'll be sure to get back to you when I can!"

"Leah." Keith said, "(Y/n)'s back. She's in the hospital resting right now." Keith said quietly, "call me back to my cell when you can." He hung up right after, putting the phone away and checking he had everything he needed.

He came back downstairs, putting on a small smile for Jess as they walked back to the car.

"Michael Myers... the killer who went missing years ago?" Jess asks, mildly curious. "Isn't he still missing?"

"(Y/n)'s back, and while I was waiting for you by the hospital a ginger haired woman walked by saying she was a friend of (Y/n)'s while she had been missing... even before that."

"So, she wasn't lying in anyway..."

Keith frowns, "she has no reason to lie about something like this. We went over this."

"I know I know! I just... you know it's difficult to really believe such outrageous things." Jess sighs, "but she's okay right? She's not in any bad shape, a-and her babies are good too?"

Keith nods, "yeah, nothing... too critical... but a very important detail."

"That is?" Jess shuts her car door, sliding in the key and igniting the engine.

"She's lost her sight."

"Oh th- wait what?!" She stops turning her head with an expression of disbelief. "How?!"

"I don't know! I- I think it was that "Entity" she told me about, it was so terrifying... she had started... crying blood? It was worrying."

Jess took in a breath, placing a hand on Keith's that rested on the arm rest. "It's okay... she's safe now."

"Yeah, I just... still wished I could do more."

A thick silence fell between them, so Jess merely nods in agreement as she starts to back up to the road.

•▪°○°▪•

"So what clothing size is Michael anyway?"

"Uhm... according to my sister, tall, and for her standards- husband material."

Jess gives him a small amused smile, "she didn't actually tell you that, did she?"

"Nope! But it's probably true." They share a laugh, allowing the tension melt slightly as they walk through the clothing store.

"Hmm, okay so large then. Colours?"

"Probably nothing to stand out," Keith leans to whisper, "he is a... hmm killer after all." He glances around to make sure no one was around to hear. Which there wasn't a soul that could've overheard the words.

"Right, dark blue?"

"Sure. I mean, it's been years since I've seen him, and I was still a baby when that happened."

Jess nods, walking over to grab a few large sized long-sleeved shirts and pants. "Get a jacket for him, don't want the poor guy freezing outside."