Chapter XXII: A Bump On The Road

《A/n: Little lemon? (Not all the way) Michael's strats for de-stressing the reader ;^) (skippable when you reach that point though)

You hummed, placing a hand over Michael's that laid on your stomach. You snuggled yourself closer to him where you sat, perched on his lap where you mostly find yourself outside of trials.

You guessed it was his increase of protectiveness and wariness that started his liking to snuggle you while you sat.

Not like you didn't like it or anything.

No doubt your speech and effort for new strategies with the other survivors had improved the overall preformance, but it was more difficult to see them when Michael always comes in to steal you away every chance he can.

When a month and a half has passes, you took immediate notice to the size difference of your stomach.

You had a baby bump.

Keith saw soon after, teasing you and gushing over it. You should've smacked him over the head when he started the "I'm gonna be an uncle soon!" talk. But if Keith notices, you were sure the survivors and killers of the Entity's realm would notice soon enough too.

And you weren't wrong, but it could've been anyone, any person to realize it.

But it had to be Laurie fucking Strode, or otherwise known as Cynthia Myers.

You didn't hate her, but it was no less awkward when she was staring intensely at your belly until her eyes widen.

Michael was gone in a trial at the moment, so he couldn't sweep in just in time to save you from confrontation by his own younger sister.

And confrontation she did.

You started sweating bullets when she stood, eyes piercing into you as you desperately tried to avoid eye contact.

"Can I speak to you privately?"

The breath you were holding was let out in a choke. Nodding slowly and standing up, eyes moving from her brown shoes up to her brown eyes.

You followed her away to the edge of the treeline. Watching as she glanced to the three others by the fire before giving you a look.

"So I'm gonna be blunt here, if it's not a person in your 'waking world', then it's definitely Michael."

You instinctively wrote down with the fallen branch, "why you gotta do me like that?"

Laurie (Cynthia? No, you'd rather go with Laurie) snorted, "I'm not the one who 'did' you."

You sputtered, choking on your own saliva as you were taken aback. She shrugged as well as chuckled at your reaction.

"I'm totally right on the latter aren't I?" Her face fell to a more solemn expression, "I wouldn't be surprised, not at this point from how close your are." She ponders over something as you nod, "I am surprised - still kinda am - that he's still able to love and treat someone with such care. After what I've been through and everything I heard about him? Definitely thought it was near impossible."

"You never knew him the way I did."

"I know, it's probably why you're the closes thing to him." She doesn't deny, "I was still a baby, you knew and still know him more than anyone else, even that... what's his name? Ah, Samuel Loomis." The blonde shrugs, brushing hair from her face.

"You're not mad?"

"Nothing I could do even if I was." She gives you a smile, and you swell with gratitude. "The others might act differently, even if I don't know Michael as much as you, I've learned more about him personally than them."