Crush on You (Midorima X Reader)

I certainly can't believe this!! W have finally reached 5K reads! >< And I couldn't have done it without you guys. I'm really thankful for your support you are giving on this book it makes me so happy... Okay Imma stop being dramatic XD

____

The first time you laid your eyes on him, you knew that it has to be him.

You are a part of the Light Music Club of Shutoku High School. Every month your club was in charge of performing mini-concerts. And you are more than happy to perform.

Music has been your life. You express your feelings through music. And on the next performance you’ll use music to express your feelings for him.

You sat on a corner of your club room with a music sheet and a pen. Composing a song. It has been a tradition that every mini-concert you must perform at least one song composed by yourself. And today was not your day. You find it hard to concentrate and every time you finish composing, the melody was not good enough.

You sighed as you placed your pen down. As your mind replayed what happened one month ago.

-=FLASHBACK=-

“I-I like you!” you confessed, your face was red so does your ear.

“I’m not interested.” You looked up and saw Midorima Sintarou’s poker face.

“C-Could you at least give me a chance..?” you asked in hopes of him reconsidering.

“No.” without waiting for your reply he turned his back on you and left.

-=FLASHBACK END=-

You sighed once again. You looked out in the window and saw droplets of water rolling down. You stared at it as on of the droplets rolled down slowly. Then suddenly your mind displayed different scenes.

You saw Midorima smiling every time they win, the way he shoots, the way he trains, the way he eats, when you see Takao and him hang out together, and when he cried on the rain when his team lost against Seirin.

You blinked and you noticed your heart beating fast. And you suddenly got an idea for the new song.

Today was the day, the day you’ll have your mini-concert on Shutoku High School’s gymnasium.

“The performance will start in 10 minutes, is everything ready?” your club president asked and everyone replied with an ‘okay’.

“Okay! We’ll make this performance a success!”

“Yes!”

The curtain opened and it revealed the other members of the club with their instruments. The drummer gave the signal and the performance started. You can hear the cheers and shouts of the students. The performance went on for two hours. And soon your turn came. The finale.

The curtain closed, the light dimmed. The previous performers left the stage and you walked to the stage with your guitar and sat on one of those high chairs set upped by one of the members with a microphone.

You can hear the silence. You heaved a deep breath and began to play your guitar.

I wish upon a star

Wanna be right where you are

You started to sing as the curtains began to lift and the spot lights focus on you.

You set my world on fire

Babe I’ve got a crush on you

The students began to cheer and it gave you a boost of confidence.

I wish upon a star

Can’t you see how right we are

We should be together

Babe I’ve got a crush on you

And then your eyes suddenly landed on a certain green head. Midorima.

I used to turn around and walked away

Never stopped to play

Cause there was no attraction

You sent him a glance.

But in my heart you start to grow on me

Kind of a suddenly

So now I’ve changed direction

You suddenly remembered Midorima’s face. His smile. Your heart began to beat so fast that it might jump out of your chest.

Knowing it might seems strange

Love came over me

Feeling the luck has changed

Do you want me like I want you?

You stared at Midorima and your eyes met. You blushed and quickly directed your stare somewhere else.

You directed your stare on the audience and saw everyone cheering and glowing in the dark sticks swaying.

You continued singing sending Midorima a glance every now and then. Until you reached the last line of the song.

Babe I got a crush on you

You looked at Midorima once more and you saw him blush. You smiled. And the song ended. The curtains closed and you left the stage.

You went to the backstage and everyone congratulated you because of the wonderful song and the success of the performance. You’re happy and content.

You were about to leave the school when you saw Midorima by the gate and Takao was not with him.

You passed by looking down on the ground when you heard him call your name.

“(y/n).” you looked up and your (e/c) eyes met green ones.

“I-I wanted to… congratulate… you to your c-club’s success… the finale was… wonderful…”

Your heart began to flatter when you heard those words. 

“Th-thanks…”

Midorima cleared his throat. “A-Anyway! See you t-tomorrow!” after he said that he ran away.

When he left you can still your heart beating. “T-This is not a dream right..?” you asked yourself. You pinched your cheek and nothing happened. You smiled.

That’s what you liked about him.

~~~END~~~

A/N= Okay that's it!! >///< I hope you liked it @kerosuke and my other readers!

I'm so sorry for the super duper extra late update my awesome readers! I've been busy with school and student council! >< But luckily major events that happened in my school that was in care of the student council was done so here's an update. Though my exams is coming and I have to study, because my parents and I had a deal concerning free anime merchandise so...

Anyways, the song I used for this one-shot is Crush on You by Tata Young. If you'd like to listen to it click the video on the side ^_^

I apologize if there are any errors and/or if this one-shot is not good enough.

DISCLAIMER:

I do not own Kuroko no Basuke nor the song used on this one-shot. They belong to their rightful owners. I only own this one-shot's plot.