Chapter 52

It's the day of Vinny's funeral, and I don't know if I can do it. Tomorrow is my first doctor appointment and he won't be there.

I look at my self in the mirror, and I'm wearing a dress that Vinny bought me that day. It's a sleeveless black and grey dress temhat flows freely around my waist and ends right above my knees. I run my hands across the fabric over my stomach and begin to cry once again. I haven't been able to eat or sleep since that day, my mom hasn't said much about the baby other than that I need to eat. Everyone has been over to see me, but I haven't left my bed.

I check my phone, and grab my keys. Vinny's parents told me to keep the car since I needed something to drive their grand child around in. Honestly I'm afraid to get in it, it's going to be hard to sit in the seat that he had so many times. I grab my purse and walk downstairs. I decide to drink a protein shake before I leave.

When I walk out the door, I see the purple car sitting in my driveway. I slowly walk to it, and open the door. I sit down in the seat and slowly close the door. As soon as the door shuts I let the tears fall.

"Hey, I'm not letting you drive alone.." Cole says, scaring me so bad that I punch him as soon as he sits down.

"You could have texted me! Don't pop out of no where.." I say wiping the tears away.

"Sorry Niko.. you ready for this?" He asks, and I ignore him as I pull out of the driveway.

"Cole.. I need to find out who done this.." I whisper, he looks over at me and frowns.

"Ashton, you can't do this, you have a baby on the way.." he tries to reason, but it doesn't faze me.

"You can either help me or I will do it myself... they are not going to get away with taking him from me.." I whisper, trying to hold back the tears.

"I'll help you.. just please don't do anything to hurt yourself or the baby.." he places his hand on my shoulder, and I shrug it off. He almost looks hurt but masks it over quickly.

About twenty minutes later we pull into the funeral home. I get out slowly, and Cole comes around the car to my side. We walk in, and I go to the front and sit with my mom. Cole slides in beside me, and soon I see four more bodies slide into the booth. I look up and see all four boys, they are all dressed in black button up shirts. I make eye contact with Travis, and he gives me a small reassuring smile, I give him a small smile back.

When it is time to walk up and see him one last time I freeze. Cole gently pushes me forward, and soon I am standing in front of his casket. It's a dark purple casket and I almost laugh, he would have loved it. I look down at the man laying in the casket and begin to cry again. The blue tips in his hair are shining brightly, and he looks as if he is asleep. I lean down and place my lips against the cold skin of his forehead. I turn and walk to his parents hugging them. They squeeze me tightly.

"Thank you for making our son so happy.. and please don't be a stranger you are family to us now.." His mom whispers, I see how hard this is for her and I hug her again. I hug his dad, and I can see him almost tear up.

"He loved you so much, I know he would have been a great father.." he says quietly. I nod before I go to sit back down, something stops me though. I look at the back of the room and see someone standing there. They look familiar as if I have seen them somewhere before. They smirk at me and walk out. I start to walk that way, I feel my heart beating faster as I finally get outside. I notice a car driving away quickly, and it's not just any car.

That was the person who killed Vinny.

I search for my keys, and remember that I left them inside. I run back inside, and grab my keys. I feel a hand wrap around my wrist as I begin to run back outside. I look at the person holding on to me and I see Brandon.

"Where are you going Ash?" He whispers so no one pays attention to us.

"I can't stand here and watch the father of my child lay in a casket while the person that put him there is still nearby.." I hiss, he isn't fazed by my attitude instead he quickly walks outside with me.

"Ashton, I know you want to get revenge, and believe me I will stand by your side the entire way. Today is not the day for that.. you need to fully go through with today.. we will get them back for doing this.. I promise." He says slowly pulling me to him, I don't realize I am crying until he wipes my tears away. He pulls me against his chest holding me there, it's been a long time since I have been this close to Brandon. I pull away from him, he isn't Vinny. I turn and walk back into the funeral home and sit down in the seat beside my mom. She wraps her arms around me and I let the tears fall. I place my hand over my stomach, and I wonder if our baby will look like him.

After the burial I go back to my house, Cole rides with me. As I pull into my driveway I see my brother waiting for us.