⊰63⊱

Fan cover created by jaja___

Read the note at the end of the chapter

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 16

Meliorist Sanctum

Though we all share a dorm room, I've iced out Sinéad and Fae, not wanting to talk to anyone...it's been a few months into the year, and I've had constant texts and calls, all of which have required me to do something within a specific timeframe or risk being hurt. It's just them making sure I'm under their control, nothing significant they've had me done...

Finally...I let my friends in, the first I've said anything to aside from Etain.

"I'm so sorry..." Sinéad and Fae are silent aside from their apology, though I'm beginning to understand what Etain means by those words. Sinéad is on edge as she asks me, "Who marked you?"

I remain silent, tears coming to my eyes as I finally tell someone, "Mercury."

At least...my friends will believe me. Sinéad saw them, she knows it was them...but the question remains...was Ciarán among them? He said to not tell anyone what he did, that he'll kill me...

Fae is red in the face as her wings flutter with vibrant anger as she pipes up, "Oh! What a horrible thing for him to do! Why would he do that?!" She asks this while glancing at Sinéad.

I understand why now...

...he wants to hurt me so why not force me into feeling something for him and not have to be bound to me?

I get it. I just...

Sinéad is about to speak, but I interrupt her by saying, "Thank you for saving my life."

"I should have made sure you got home okay," she's almost crying now, "I'm a horrible friend for even suggesting to go, I never thought that Mercury would do something like that!"

Ciarán's story is already spreading about how he sacrificed his wolf to save my life...oh, and I'm not going around telling others what happened to me...so they assume that I willingly gave myself to Mercury. After all, I've been referred to as his girlfriend for a long while now, others more than likely half expected it by now.

No one knows it was a group effort of destroying me...

I wonder how long it will take until that story reaches my parents and better yet, what will they believe? It doesn't matter...

I've stayed away from Rian because I don't know what he'll believe. He's better not being around me...

"I'm going to kill him," a very dark expression crosses the faerie's face like a cloud of magic surrounds her.