⊰32.5⊱

As some readers didn't read the bonus exclusive chapter told through Keveon Arin's POV during the Wattpad Block Party, I'm posting it now in the book. The reason I'm posting it when I initially said I wouldn't, is there are readers who are confused by the conflicted emotions readers who HAVE read the chapter feel toward the warlocks and witches. It's an important chapter that provides a drastic insight and a first glimpse at the real world beyond the veil.

This chapter would have been right before the chapter Acacia, Jelena, Dexter and Holden went hiking during the rain for reference of those who haven't read it already.

Without further ado:

Beyond the Veil

-Song Selection-
Username: Vici0usWhisper
Song: Beyond the Veil
Artist: Lindsey Stirling

💫

Keveon Arin

I took a chance...

...that day in the forest when my niece Acacia had an iron grip around that tree branch.

She saw me, she honestly saw me like no one ever has since the day and the week following that Tresor Vossen was killed.

I learned a lot that day, memories...all the memories which I had absolutely no idea of. Kirsten made a deal with a warlock, but that's just his classification, not the real demon he is. These creatures...devils, and demons in nature that manipulate the darkest forms of magic that flood the earthen plane with life.

Apparently, I wasn't just granted life when Kirsten made that deal...Tresor bound my blood to him which in turn allowed him not only to stay longer in glimpses, but he was able to extend his control, including that to my twin brother.

These creatures can't walk the earthen plane permanently...

...not yet anyway.

The council is no longer their pawns, using the blood of an alpha to charge the fallen stars they control. Through these actions, they were able to influence members of their covens when a fallen star was in their possession. Their hold is weak now...but I guess that's why I'm here now...

Cormac...he did everything to protect me, even when I had no awareness of all the moving parts around me.

I was their pawn.

I don't want to be a pawn any longer...

...I want to play this game with complete cognizance.

They took me away from someone very dear to me. I fell in love with Missy Graves, and before I was even given a chance to mark her as my beloved, I was ripped away from the earthen plane and now play from the shadows beyond the veil.

Tresor's successors though...they are stronger and smarter than himself. Nimue...she knew my very life would degrade the second Tresor died and before I would have been sent to hell...she had her older brought Lars take that opportunity she saw to exchange my life as a beacon. I became a shade, one living among the puppeteers beyond the veil as they play the world of the earthen plane like marionettes.

Lars and Nimue won't kill me.

Lars needs me for him to take permanent form on the earthen plane...