⊰39⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 15

Another knock sounds from the outside of my bedroom door...

...in a couple of weeks, my eyes have remained swollen red, fresh tears daily to every other day. It hurts so much that no one will believe me, but why should they if even the truth is hidden from my blood memories?

Why though...?

Mom hates me...I know she does. She thinks I'm difficult and that everything I do and say is a lie.

"Acacia," dad's voice startles me when he slowly opens the door inward. I'm sitting on my bed with my back against the headboard, holding a pillow tight against my chest. My chin lifts from the softness of it, swallowing back down a creeping sob from escaping my lips.

I've been grounded before...

...but for something I'd done. I didn't do anything...this isn't fair at all.

Mom took all of my books from the room, leaving me indeed to my silent thoughts that have only been getting worse with each passing day.

Dad closes the door behind him, turning my face toward the window as he approaches my bed. When his footsteps come to a halt, he's quiet for a few moments. My heart begins to beat fast, unsure of who I am now...

"Little love," his voice is gentle, but I still refrain from glancing at him. Whether or not he means it, the way he looks at me...

...he's disappointed in me for my actions.

He's not mad...just disappointed in what he saw even if it isn't the truth...my arguing didn't get me anywhere.

What's the point any longer in fighting back or arguing when no one will believe me?

Not just with my parents...

"Can we talk?" He asks me as if I have a choice in the matter.

Shrugging my shoulders, a few fresh tears escape from the corners of my eyes, breathing out slowly while watching the clouds outside the window. The bed dips on the side, dad sitting on the edge of it, feeling him close to me.

"You don't have to look at me or talk to me...but I need you to listen," he begins, knowing very well how stubborn I can be, especially when I'm as hurt and as mad as I am from all of this. He inhales deeply before exhaling, starting with, "You're always going to be my little girl...no matter how old you are. I wasn't angry that you...and...Mercury...I was angry that you lied," when he pauses, it feels like a hand is clutching at my heart, that he does believe I lied After a few moments, he continues, "Whatever type of relationship the two of you have, I'm not going to be one to judge...otherwise I'd be a hypocrite however," it's when he says these next few words that remind me of Taron all over again, only I want not part of Mercury, "just like Taron...well, Mercury has a beloved out there and whatever relationship you have will end when the time comes, and I don't want to see you heartbroken again."

...

...I have no words for him because if I argue about this again, it's just going to end with me being in deeper trouble. I wish Mercury really would find his beloved because then I wouldn't be the center of his attention...

...wouldn't that be nice...

Instead of keeping this solely on me, I murmur out, "At least you've never had your heartbroken...you have mom and Dante."

Dad releases a sigh and states, "I've made plenty of mistakes in my lifetime...one of them left someone I did care about heartbroken."

Is he...opening up to me?