⊰19⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 12

Grandpa Keir and I are sitting in his office while I can hear Jelena, Dexter, and Holden being spoken to in the room right next to ours. Apparently, my grandpa hadn't talked to anyone about what he and Alpha Chris must have concluded me being an oracle, and I'm not sure why they would keep it a secret from the rest of the packs.

I do realize why though because I'm staring at my thighs while hearing all of their respective parents having to explain a few things to their children. Grandpa Keir had spoken to their parents moments prior when we had all been waiting in the hallway like we were in trouble and waiting to talk to the principal.

"Do I make myself clear?" Aleksa asks Jelena, and there are murmurs through the door. The parents had told them that they weren't allowed to tell anyone else in the pack what I am.

It becomes obvious though...

...it shows in their eyes that I'm at the very least a dormant werewolf, but at the same time, why would it matter whether or not they knew that?

"I'm sorry..." my voice is quiet when I apologize to my grandpa, hearing my friends being dismissed out of the side room while listening to the door shut behind them.

"It's not your fault, Acacia..." he replies, but I can hear mixed feelings in the way he says this. He's quiet for a few more moments before he clears his throat and I slowly lift my gaze to meet with his. His eyes search mine and I swallow the knot forming at the edge of my throat before he says, "I can't help you."

The bridge of my nose stings when the words hit me hard.

He releases a sigh and continues, "I know someone who can...but you don't belong to my pack. I can't send you away to get the help and training you need...that would be up to your mother and Dante. If you truly are a dormant werewolf, you are part of their pack and under their guidance."

"What do you mean? Send me away?" I'm perplexed because the pain in my heart continues to grow.

Grandpa Keir leans against his desk before he states, "There is a pack known as the Mercy Matrons. They take in orphan pups...however, they have an oracle among their ranks as well."

"Training?" I furrow my brows with confusion.

"You're having visions...I already figured that out with the rogue werewolf attack four years ago..." his voice trails off for a moment while he thinks over something before noting, "...but with how your friends described your eyes...there are few stories told to the younger generations about oracles due to their rarity; however, some parents do tell stories more of legend than reality...like Jelena's parents."

"But...is this a bad thing?" I shake my head as I'm trying to understand what he's getting at.

Grandpa Keir shakes his head and reminds me, "No...oracles are often revered among packs for their unique gifts," he stands from his desk and nods, "those gifts can be trained to not appear at random like I am guessing they are doing for you...with training, they can be triggered and used at your will."

"Why do you want them to keep it a secret then?" I ask him when he walks around from behind his desk.

"Until we know for sure...we should be able to feel your wolf Acacia..." his voice is somewhat pained as he comes in front and leans against the desk, "...even a dormant werewolf can be felt...however, in cases with oracles...some either have to give up their mate to continue to receive their visions...or they don't have a wolf, sacrificed for their gift."

I glare when I snap, "So what does that even mean?!"

Grandpa Keir shakes his head and releases a sigh, "I don't want others coming to you asking questions when even you don't have the answers. I don't want others speculating about you as you already have so much else circling you."