⊰52⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 15

Jelena and I walk down the stairs, observing as everyone is gathering to greet their merger pack per the formality. I remain behind a lot of those who are standing outside now, some welcoming those who have become family and friends over the years while others just are being courteous. Marcus is already making friends with one of the pups in Grandpa Keir's pack, seeing how they are weaving between the legs of those older than them.

I catch sight of Alpha Chris, though I take a step back behind Jelena for a moment as he greets Grandpa Keir. They speak with one another as most of the pack members of both begin to disperse to go about their day.

"Owie!" Marcus suddenly cries out, and I quickly step around Jelena to see what's happened.

"Awe, hey there little guy," Ridge's voice melts my heart, the feeling of how numb and cold I've been growing over the year slowly slips away as I see him kneel down in front of my little brother. He helps Marcus to his feet, his eyes looking over him as he also takes in his scent. A chuckle leaves his lips as Marcus attempts to fake cry and he says, "You don't need to toughen up," he bops his noise with his finger and cautions, "but, don't cry wolf."

Jelena and Dexter are chasing after a few pups that are tinkering around with the cars that the Crusaders Pack arrived in, a small smile on my lips as I watch Marcus reply to Ridge, "Okay..."

"Marcus," I call out to him, and I instantly see Ridge's gaze land on me. He stands to his feet while my little brother runs over to me, quickly grabbing onto my waist and hiding behind my back.

Ridge walks toward me, a tiny smile beginning to form on his lips as he asks, "Acacia?"

"No!" Marcus holds onto me tighter and growls, "My Cacia!"

Ridge throws his hands up defensively and says, "Oh my...don't worry though, I won't take your sister."

Marcus sticks his tongue out before I tell him, "Go inside and eat lunch...you didn't eat anything all morning."

He releases a sigh and looks Ridge square in the eyes before he motions the 'I'm watching you' look and takes off back into the lodge. I can't help but giggle, Ridge also laughing as Marcus moves entirely out of sight.

"Hey," I feel a little awkward...

...it's been so long...and I don't know how he feels toward me after what happened with Ciarán rejecting him.

"It's nice to see you," he drops formality and suddenly hugs me very tightly. I can hardly breathe as I also embrace him back, remembering the scent of each wolf as they surround me by merely being among them.

"What did I tell you?!" Marcus is growling on the front porch at Ridge.

"Marcus!" I snap, and he finally goes back inside, Ridge releasing me from his arms as we take a few steps away from one another.

He chuckles and says, "Your brother is quite cute."

"Mmhmm...he tends to have that effect on people," I watch as he peeks around the corner again and I narrow my eyes at him. A second later, Marcus is back out of sight, and I release a sigh.

Alpha Chris and Grandpa Keir are still talking, though they walk closer as I notice one of the car doors open. I didn't realize...

...Taron steps out of the car before shoving his cell phone into his pant pocket.

The moment he sees me, he stops in his tracks for a second. He shakes his head as though clearing his thoughts, walking toward his dad as I hear Alpha Chris tell Grandpa Keir, "She'll be staying the summer at the Crusaders Pack lodge...she's not been feeling well."