Chapter 30

N A N D I N I:

"Oh my God! I'm so so so sorry, Sir." I squeaked covering my eyes immediately having seen my boss shirtless in his vanity. He probably was changing clothes for his next shot and there I was to get a document signed. Surprisingly, I didn't get down the bus but I simply stood facing the other way.

"People enjoy this sight spending thousands on tickets and popcorns at the theatre, so thank me for saving your money." He spoke but I could hear his stylist giggle softly.

"Umm..Sir, I'm here to get this signed. I've called Abhimanyu and he asked you, remember?" I passed him the paper stretching my hand backwards at him; not planning anyhow to see him half naked and go crimson like a stupid.

The document in my hand got pulled lightly and I let it go out of my grip. I thought seeing him like that would be a crime, like seriously how could someone look so dashing and flawless all the bloody time? But to my good luck, I stood facing the mirror in his vanity in order to avoid gazing at him, but hell, I could clearly see his reflection and every damn detail on his flawless skin.

It was a strange kind of electricity running through me when every now and then his eyes while signing the document met mine through the mirror. Like, he was mixing his bit of sunshine and electricity all inside my bones.

"Thank you, Sir." I mouthed, soon as I got the document handed back moving quickly to get down that air conditioned luxurious vanity which had nothing left to be included to its grandeur.

"Hey wait." I closed my eyes shut feeling the palpitations.

I could feel him walking closer to my neck but his skin never brushed against mine whilst his stylist got busy with managing his outfits in the sliding closet.

"Yes Sir?" Trying my best to not be clumsy, I turned around asking him formally. The look, the stare felt so hot yet intimate when we stood facing each other with only the smoke as our wall. How could someone do that with a simple stare? His eyes always touched me more than anyone's hands in this planet could. My parents always warned me about the drugs on the streets but never that one single person could hold me hostage with a heartbeat and those hazel eyes.

The burning cigarette in his fingers kissed his lips as through the smoke he locked his eyes with mine.

"I remember you wanted to see the shooting once." Detaching the cigarette from his pink lips, he exhaled that grey cloud and my mind traveled back to the time when I gate crashed into his shooting. I was immature and stupid back then, not that I wouldn't love to see him shoot today but that was just layers of me that kept losing with the growing complexity of time. To hide my thoughts with nothing but a polite gesture, I smiled faintly.

"Do you want to see it today?" My heart dropped a meter and I doubted if I heard correctly.

"Sorry what?" Immediately, I did cut my tone. "I mean I-I'm not sure if I heard you the first time." He smirked as if he caught my theft.

"I said, if you want you can stay back and watch me shoot the next scene." Mukti passed him one lemon linen shirt and his body wrapped it pairing it with a white printed tailored coat.

"But I have to take this to office before 2pm." I showed him the document he signed. It was clear in the way I said that I wanted to stay back and I hoped he understood what my heart wanted.

Pulling the file out of my grip, he shoved it in Mukti's hands who mirrored my expression, only her's was a little more shocked.

"Give this to Abhimanyu when he arrives and... take her with you if you're going to the floor." Rubbing his stubble he turned to me. "And this time, stay away from wires." I wanted to feel ashamed getting reminded of that horrible past but the mischievous smirk on his face didn't get me uncomfortable.