Chapter 26

~They promised that dreams come true but forgot to mention that nightmares are dreams too~

N A N D I N I

The biggest suspense of my life at that point was I didn't get to know who was playing with me or who was praying for me. Hurt. I was fucking hurt. Cabir's words broke my heart into millions of pieces that it ached badly. I couldn't say that I wholly believed to whatever he said and I prayed for such words to have only been used with the sole motive of intimidating the hell out of me. But whatever it was, the least I knew was I already had started to play with fire. I was trapped in a circle of people wearing masks and that was the time to find out whether it was mask or reality. I knew this could destroy me efficiently but it was too late to turn around. I tried to back out but struggled 'cause I didn't know how. I hissed dropping the flat iron from my hand as I accidentally pressed it on my ear which wasn't illusory because of me being so caged in thoughts. Rubbing my fingers on the reddened area, I picked up the straightener and completed the last wavy strand left to be ironed. The makeup was simple and light with only foundation, mascara and the minimal of lipgloss. Standing up from the stool before the mirror, I turned to my sides not hoping to find any flaw and pushed my bust a little to give them a nicer shape. I had to admit although I was mentally drained looking pale like a bloodless creature yet the designer dress that Manik sent me early evening exactly fitted my curves. The boat-necked glass-hour shaped black dress slit at the very end that reached below my knees gave me a look that none of the dresses in my closet could give. Whilst placing the black stoned trinklets on my ear hole, I heard my Whatsapp make a tone on the bed.

Cabir Dhawan: Don't let the night get any darker. ;)

I groaned reading the contact name. What did he want?

Me: I'm yet to believe u.

Cabir Dhawan is typing...

Cabir Dhawan: Didn't ur parents teach u to not believe strangers? Hm? U shouldn't even. :P

I rolled my eyes.

Me: U r not intimidating me, r u?

Cabir Dhawan is typing...

Cabir Dhawan: Well, intimidating no. Alerting, maybe. U r about to witness tonight if u r lucky enough. Stay safe, doll. Xx.

I dumped my phone back on the pillow having enough of these crosswords and puzzles. Hearing a car blow horn, I peeked removing the curtain and I fought a white Rolls Royce awaiting downstairs which was my cue to get down. Hastily, grabbing my clutch and phone and dipping my feet in the polished shiny black stilettos, I scurried downstairs after locking my door. Before reaching to the car, I paused taking a moment to breathe normally arranging my newly straightened locks and as I walked closer, the chauffeur stepped outside opening the door for me. After voicing a polite thank you, I slid inside but to my dismay found the seat next to me empty. Reading my questioning eyes, after hopping in the car, the driver notified "Sir will see you directly at the party". I sighed.

The drive in Manik's sumptuous car was worth a king's ransom but the feel of it was queer. For once, I considered Navya but knowing the fuss she'd make out of the whole situation, I ditched and ended up calling Amma, my soul calmer.

Soon the car entered the Malhotra Mansion which was nothing less than a palace. Press and fans stood outside the main gate but it troubled me a wee when I noticed the car entering through the back gate inspite of the grand central one where other VIPs' cars awaited in a queue.