Chapter 3

N A N D I N I

Happiness knew no bounds since the time I finally made my heart believe that yes, I'm actually going to be working for Manik Malhotra. And, like always I was lost in my daydreams when suddenly someone snapped fingers before my eyes. Navya rolled her eyes.

"Stop drooling over that moron when you have a flight to catch." She slapped my forehead and I looked around at all the other passengers in the airport including my parents who were busy talking about me.

"Navyaaaaaa!" Hugging her crashing her chest, I spun her.

"Oh brat, wait wait wait!." Laughing, she swatted my arm.

"I'm so so so so happy!" She grinned watching me jump.

"I'm happy for you too, kid but I.. I have to tell you something being the matured friend that I am." She slapped my shoulder noticing me make a straight face for calling herself matured. "Okay now listen. See.. ahem, I don't know if things have been happening too fast for you but all I think of saying is, always do think before you act, all right? Because there are people, nice people but it is not them but their beautiful nice masks sometimes. And moreover, it's the film industry we are talking about. So please, don't let the fame of someone blind your vision because sometimes what people seem to be from a distance aren't that in reality. Never run after a dream so much that it makes you forget your own world and that you forget your way back to home." Squeezing my arms, she pulled me in a hug. "We always are here having your back. We are your home."

"I'll surely keep that in mind Navya. I love you." I smiled caressing her back.

"Love you too, my idiot" She repeated pulling out of the hug.

"Wait, are you seriously crying?" Spotting a glistening moisture at the corner of her eyes, I teased.

"Shut up, it must be the eyeliner." Dabbing the corner of her eye, she looked away.

"I'm gonna miss you, Navya." Hugging her again, I whispered. She wrapped her arms refusing to let go of me.

"I know.." she pulled me out of her hug. "But are you seriously going to see Manik? Like, live? Are you sure it's not a pirated Manik?"

"Ahaaan." I sang wiggling my eyebrows pretending like someone's jealous.

"Jealous?" I teased again.

"Oh please, I prefer the other sensible Malhotra better. But hey, once you settle down there, tell me all of your stories I'm going to miss." Pouting my lips, I kissed her cheek.

"Okay now, I'm here but you go have a word with uncle and aunt. They are the ones who are going to miss you the most." Nodding at her, I turn to walk up to my parents who most probably were having a cute banter but seeing me come, they smiled.

Narrator's POV

Film City,
Mumbai.

"Aanya, you know right what you do to me when you look at me like that." Manik turned a girl standing on a balcony decorated with scented candles. Closing the distance, he cupped her face stroking a hair or two and she forgot to blink her eyes mesmerised by the man of her dreams.

"I don't know if I ever will be able to explain the depth of my love to you, but trust me nobody in this world will love you as much as I do." He badly expected her to say something in return but she was captivated by those hazel eyes.