Stepping Down (49)

That idiot son of Hephaestus got himself injured. And it wasn't a small injury either.

It was a scary, possibly life-threatening injury. Leo had gotten hit with a spray of Hydra acid, a large at that. His shirt had been eaten away and most of his right pant leg was one as well. Nasty burns and boils scarred his tan skin, making him look like some big monster had decided to use him as a chew toy.

Will had done all he could. Burn paste had been applied all over his arm and leg, bandages were covering the entire injury, making Leo look like a half-done mummy.

"You're an idiot. You know?" Piper sniffled; her hands wrapped tightly around Leo's uninjured one.

"I know chica, I know," Leo smirked, wincing as his lips cracked and started to bleed slightly.

"I hope you know this is showing me that I cannot let you onto the battlefield." Reyna scowled as she stepped through the tent flap. "I sent Will and a few of the other Apollo children to help out with... whoever those two injured heroes are like you asked." She continued, fully stepping into the tent, and crossing her arms.

"Thank you." Nico nodded to her. "Are they going to be okay? Artemis I'm more concerned about than Zatanna."

"Will says they'll both be fine; it'll take them some time to heal but they'll be fine." Reyna rolled her shoulders and Nico could hear her back crack. She moved to sit down in a rickety folding chair next to Annabeth. "What about you?"

"I'm fine, boss girl." Leo tried his best to put his uninjured arm behind his head, but Piper refused to let go of his hand.

"Will said no moving. You'll open up the wounds again." Piper scowled, and Nico was once again reminded of how scary Aphrodite children could sometimes be. "I'll tie you down if I have to."

"No need to worry Beauty Queen." Leo cackled, wiggling his fingers in her grip. Nico immediately got him a glass of water.

"You sound like you're dying." He mumbled, watching as Leo distastefully sipped on the water.

"Someone needs to get the frickin' star-spangled-banner woman under control. She's poking her nose in everyone's business. Especially mine." Thalia stormed into the tent, her hunting knife unsheathed and waving threateningly in her hand.

"Do you mean Wonder Woman?" Annabeth cocked her head.

"Star Spangled Banner Woman." Nico snickered. That was a pretty good one. Percy and Leo giggled along with him.

"Don't give two craps what her name is, but I don't like her nosing around my hunters. She needs to mind her own dam business." Nico frowned. He knew that Thalia knew that Wonder Woman was her half-sister, she was one of the main demigods that tried to Iris Message the hero after all. And Nico was pretty sure Thalia knew why Wonder Woman was looking through her group of hunters. Thalia was intentionally avoiding the other daughter of Zeus.

Which Nico couldn't blame her for, he had been tempted to ditch the hero in the labyrinth.

"She's also a demigod." He explained simply for the very confused-looking Hazel and Jason.

"An Amazon too." Reyna sighed. "Hylla talks about her sometimes. And not in a good way either."

"Does nobody here like her? That seems a little... ironic." Jason glanced between his sister, Nico, and Reyna.

"Wait-" Percy sat up fully, somehow managing to knock over a big box of medical bandages. "Is she the demigod hero we tried to get to help us during the Titan war?"

"Yes, Seaweed brain. You should know this. You've been keeping up with their news stories for ages now." Annabeth shook her head, looking exhausted.

"I'm sorry wise girl." Percy grinned. "I've actually been studying so I wasn't really thinking about war and stuff." He stood up. "I can go shoo her away if you guys want."