Clash of the Titans (Family Edition) (45)

"This is the biggest room we've been in so far." Miss Martian pointed out; her eyes fixed on the ceiling.

"It's because we're not in the Labyrinth anymore," Nico whispered. Itty Bitty Bob squeaked on his shoulder.

"So we reached our destination?" Black Canary moved to the front of the group; her fingers hooked in the loops of her belt. Itty Bitty Bob squeaked again.

"Be very careful. There are going to be some string monsters here, guarding the Titan's heart." He turned to face everyone.

"I'm sorry. Since when was there a heart?" Red Hood's head swiveled between all of them.

"I was also unaware of this." Robin scowled, crossing his arms tightly, leaving his duel blades dangling by his sides.

"I think most of us were." Green Arrow shook his head disapprovingly in Batman's direction.

Everyone turned to look at Nico. He could feel his heart start to hammer in his and his throat became uncomfortably dry. It took him a second to realize he was nervous. Very nervous. He was very grateful that no one could see his face, he probably looked ashen and overall sickly. There was a sense of overwhelming unease that settled in his stomach.

"That's typically your cue to start explaining the situation to us." The Flash shrugged, looking like he was trying to seem gentle, but his antsy foot tapping didn't quite convey that. He forced himself to breathe, not remembering stopping in the first place.

"I- uh. I'm sorry. I thought I told you guys but uh- I must've only told the two camps." Nico mumbled awkwardly shuffling his feet. "But during the last Titan war, this Titan we're fighting kinda let Titan home base fall to the Romans. And as a punishment, Kronos carved his heart out and tossed it into the depths of the pit. So now the heart is the only way to truly kill the Titan. And that's why we're here, to destroy it before he storms and kills everyone in camp."

"I thought this mission was to kill the Titan?" Artemis frowned, glancing around the cave, her hand drifting towards her bow.

"Same." Kid Flash chimed in. "I was ready to do some serious Titan ass-kicking!" Artemis slapped him on the back of his head.

"There isn't much of a difference. We still are technically going to be killing the Titan, since we are destroying his heart. And there is at least one other Titan here, charged with the protection of the heart." Nico explained, drawing his sword again and slowly turning in a wide circle. His gut was screaming at him, telling him something was coming.

"There is a difference. A big one. The difference being, we knew what we were risking our lives for and we did not know what we are risking our lives for." Artemis scowled.

"And you only thought to tell us this now?" Red Hood sounded exasperated.

"I had a lot I needed to prepare." He glanced at all of their weapons, his mind drifting to the many talks he had had the day before. Or was it two days before? "There wasn't a lot of time. And I don't think we have time now."

"It's like you never have time." Kid Flash grumbled. His heart started to pound again.

"What are you feeling?" Nico startled, looking up at Wonder Woman, who also had her sword drawn.

"Uh...why?" He asked hesitantly.

"You know how strong demigod instincts are. If you are feeling something then it's your god part trying to warn you." He looked nervously towards Batman. Trying to figure out what to say.

Batman nodded to him subtly.

"Uh- something bad is coming. But I think we all already knew that." Nico mumbled, shifting his footing again.