Chapter 18: A confession

Narinder ignored all the yells and questions from the followers as he carried The Lamb to the temple. Kallamar had run into Ancherdeep to get water, Leshy sniffed around, searching for where The Lamb kept all the bones.

“Put them down there!” Shamura yells from inside the temple. Narinder feels him struggle to keep The Lamb up, the gold surface slipping from his hands. Narinder closed his eyes as he tried to keep his legs from wobbling, but just before he felt The Lamb fall off his back, they suddenly got a lot lighter. Narinder opened his eyes and saw as Heket picked up The Lamb by their side. Narinder lets out a relieved sigh as they both carry The Lamb to the center of the temple.

Just then, Kallamar returns from Ancherdeep with a bucket of water, “I’m back! Where do I put it!?”

“Hold it! We need the bones first!” Shamura yells as they run over to Leshy, “Did you find the bones!?” Shamura asks.

Leshy gets up and opens a chest, “There!" he takes them out and Shamura grabs them.

Shamura lines the bones around The Lamb, splashing the water into them. "Everyone! Back up and follow my lead!"

Everyone gathers around The Lamb and grabs each other's hand. Shamura then starts to chant, the others following along. The words being in Latin, anyone outside the temple had no idea what they were saying.

"Ex iners metallo ad carnem vivam, Formam et reticulum. Per ritus antiquos, Divina potentia, Hanc statuam in formam Meam transfunde. Ut aurum fit caro, Vita capiat, nostro imperio, Transmutatio evolvatur!" Shamura yells.

They keep chanting as the statue's golden surface starts to melt away and mixing with the water.

The Lamb's white wool started poking through, their black flesh showing, and before long their eyes opened.

Narinder felt tears come to his eyes. The Lamb looked around scared and confused before landing their eyes on Narinder, "Nari?" they ask.

"Lamb!!" Narinder yells as they hug them, their feet splashing in the golden water.

The Lamb was in shock before hugging back. "W-What happened...you remember me!! I-I was I...did he..."

"Midas..." Narinder growled, "I swear...I'll-"

The Lamb cut Narinder off with a kiss. Narinder's eyes widened but soon melted into it.

The Lamb then pulls away, "I'm sorry I just Narinder I just..."

"No, no its okay..." Narinder smiles, "I like it..." Narinder cupped The Lamb's face and leaned back in.

"Alright, and thus is where I take my leave!" Shamura says as they walk out, followed by the other bishops.

"Gaaaaay!!" Leshy yells as he's pulled away by Heket.

The Lamb chuckles as Narinder sighs and looks back at The Lamb, "Lambert..." he says.

The Lamb widens their eyes, "Wow, you used my birth name, this must be important."

Narinder nods, "Since... Since we kissed I feel like this would be the best time to... confess... I... I love you! I love you so much! I'm sorry for forgetting you but I remember now I... I love you!"

The Lamb stares in shock before smiling, "Nari... I love you too... I love you too!" The Lamb kisses Narinder deeply and they stay like that for a few seconds before pulling away.

"I love you..." Narinder says as he rests his forehead on The Lamb's.

"I love you too... I love you too..."