Chapter 16: Memories

Leshy placed his head on Narinder's lap; they were in the medbay. "I used to do this all the time... don't you remember?"

Narinder shakes his head, "No... sorry..."

Leshy frowns, "I made you a fake flower crown? What about that?"

"No... nothing."

Heket came in with a bowl of food, "Hey guys... hungry?"

Leshy is silent but Narinder nods, "Thank you, uh..."

Heket sighs, "Heket, your sister..."

"Heket... thank you." Narinder takes the food; it was a Magnificent Mixed Meal. Narinder took one bite and his eyes widened, and ears perked up, "Wow! This is great! You're one great cook."

Heket smiles, "Thanks Narinder..."

"Who?" Narinder asks.

"Um... that's you," Heket explains.

"Oh.. right..." Narinder sighs.

"Alright!" a Kallamar says as he walks in, "Move for the doctor!" Heket moves aside, and Kallamar takes a seat next to Narinder, "How are you brother?"

"You're my brother?" Narinder asks.

"Shit, it really is bad..." Kallamar nods, his expression a mix of concern and sorrow. "Yes, Narinder, I am your brother. We've been through a lot together. I used to fear you...."

Narinder tilted his head, "Why?"

"Cause you... you did a lot of damage to everyone but... we all forgave you..." Kallamar explains.

"Narinder..." Shamura says causing Kallamar to jump, "Were you always there!?"

"Yes... I was..." they were sitting in the corner, "Narinder... so you remember the crowns?"

Narinder thinks but shakes his head, "Nope... I know about crowns in general, things that go on your head, but I don't know about the ones you're talking about."

Kallamar sighs, "Alright, let me do my thing, do you feel anything or is it just the memories?"

Narinder shrugs, "Just the memories..."

Leshy sniffs and buries his head in Narinder's chest, "I can't take this!! Please remember!! I'm sorry we cast you into that void! I'm sorry I took you for granted! Just please don't forget me!!" Leshy cries.

Narinder frowns, "I'm sorry, I just....wait...." Narinder shook his head, "Leshy... I.... you were 5... when you... made me a crown?"

"Flower crown? I made you flower crowns all the time when I was younger!" Leshy yells, excited.

"Kallamar, you... helped me with injuries... Heket, you... you trusted me with your fears!."

Heket laughs, "Hey! You said you wouldn't tell anyone."

"And Shamura... you gave me the red crown! I-I remember! Kinda..."

Shamura smiles, "You remember!"

"Yes! That was... totally me!" Kallamar says as he gets up.

"Brother!" Leshy yells as he hugs him, "You remember..."

Narinder smiles as he hugs back, "They're slowly coming back...." that's when his eyes widen, "Wait.. Lamb!!"

He gets up, "Where are they!?"

Shamura argues, "They just ran off when they saw you didn't remember them."

"Shit!" Narinder yells as he runs out of the medbay, he looks around for The Lamb but, he can't find them; they weren't in the cult. Narinder ran out; he checks pilgrims passage, the lonely shack, Sozo's old home, everywhere, until he finally runs to Midas's cave.

"Lamb!!" he yelled, "Lamb!! I-I remember!"

But as he enters the cave, he stops in his tracks. There, in the middle of the cave, was a gold statue of The Lamb, their mouth wide open as if they were screaming.

Narinder's heart sinks as he looks upon the golden statue of The Lamb, "No... no, this can't be..." Narinder whispers, his voice barely audible.

He steps closer, his hands trembling as he reaches out to touch the statue, as if hoping it's just an illusion, a trick of the light. But the cold metal under his fingertips tells him otherwise.

Tears well up in Narinder's eyes as he falls to his knees before the statue, overwhelmed by grief and guilt, "Lamb.... my love.... no... I told you not to trust him.... I told you... no... Lamb..."