Chapter 9: Day dreaming

"I swear! If they don't give me some sort of dead animal for fertilizer then everyone is going to starve!" Leshy complains as he throws over the bin of poop.

"Leshy! You can't throw over the fertilizer!" A yellow cat yells. Narinder had learned their name was Ermis...or maybe it was Lemmy....

"You." Narinder pointed at the yellow cat, "What was your name again?" he asked.

"Oh um...." they shrug, "Call me whatever."

Leshy wraps his arms around them, "His Milo...." Milo smiles.

Narinder nods, "Alright sure...." his brother had gotten quite attached to this cat who seemed to not even know their own name. Narinder didn't know if he should be suspicious of him or not, sure Leshy wasn't a god anymore but that doesn't mean people wouldn't try to control him. However, so far the cat seemed ok, though...one wrong move and Narinder swore that-

"Brother!" Leshy yelled.

"Yes Leshy?" Narinder asked.

Leshy ran over to him and pulled out a flower crown, "I made you something!"

Narinder smiled warmly at his brother's gesture, taking the flower crown gently from him. "Thank you, Leshy. It's beautiful," he said, placing it on his head.

Leshy then leaned in and whispered, "I made sure to put the most flowers in yours." Leshy then runs back off to where Milo was, helping him pull a carrot from out the ground.

Narinder smiled as he looked at the crown, it was extremely well made and Leshy wasn't lying when he said he put lots of flowers in it.

"He sure is adorable when happy, isn't he?" a voice from behind Narinder says. Narinder turns around, seeing Heket.

"Sister! I thought you were cooking," Narinder exclaims.

"Eh...everyone is too busy working to eat, thought I would take a walk," Heket explains.

Narinder tried to reply but that's when he felt his voice give out. Damn it. This has been happening every few hours ever since he cried in The Lamb's arms, did crying really damage his voice that badly?

"You okay there, bro?" Heket asks.

Narinder nodded, though his frustration with his vocal cords was evident in his expression. He coughed, trying to regain control of his voice, "Voice...is giving out..." Narinder choked out.

"Damn bro, you sound like I did." Heket pats Narinder's back, "You should learn sign language for whenever that happens."

Narinder sighed, "Yeah..." Narinder coughed some more, "How's...How's the other?"

Heket frowned, "Well...Shamura is..." she looked over at where Shamura was sitting, muttering to themself.

"5 becomes 4 becomes 3 becomes 2 become 1 becomes none..."

Narinder frowned, "Shamura...." he really damaged Shamura badly, "Were they...always...like this?"

Heket shakes her head, "With the crown they were..functional...but now...it's like they aren't even there..." Narinder sighs, "Anyways though...I think Kallamar is interested in someone."

Narinder raises an eyebrow, "Really?"

Heket laughed, "Yeah this one donkey...don't know their name but Kallamar has gotten reeeaal comfy with them."

Narinder laughed, "Glad he's getting back into dating." back when Kallamar was still a bishop, Narinder remembered he was a pretty active dater, despite being so...shy? Introverted? Cowardly? Yeah, cowardly fits. Actually, now that Narinder thinks about it...all his siblings kinda were or at least had people wanting to be with them, except him...

Shamura would have people banging at the doors of their temple, begging to be let in and given a chance...Heket had tons of wives, all whom she kept mortal but loved with all her heart...and Leshy...well people wanted Leshy but the few that managed to get him ended up with...injuries...tons of injuries, not cause Leshy would hurt them but...well...people who got jealous would attack them in back alleys.

Narinder was the only one who didn't date, he just...never liked anyone...he felt nothing towards anyone. That's when his thoughts drifted to The Lamb....The Lamb....he felt his heart race, shit, not again.

Heket raised an eyebrow, "You good bro? You seem stuck in your own thoughts."

Narinder raised his head, "Huh oh..yeah..I'm fine just...thinking of The Lamb?"

"The Lamb huh?" Heket laughed, "You sure y'all don't...you know...have anything?"

Narinder's eyes widen, "No! No way! That's...weird Heket."

"Alright...fine....but if you ever need advice in that area...you know where to find me." Heket then walks off back to the kitchen.

Narinder sighs and looks back over Leshy and Milo, they seemed happy, oh so...happy...Narinder wished he could have that.