Chapter 15: Gold

The Lamb sighed as they put down the last plate, they were going to it, once Narinder came back they were going to confess. They were going to sit Narinder down for a nice meal made by Heket and they were going to tell him everything. But they were snapped out of their thoughts when they heard yelling.

"Lamb!! Lamb!!" Shamura yelled as they dragged Narinder behind them, "Lamb!!"

The Lamb turns around, worried at Shamura's cries for them, "What!? What's happening!?"

Shamura stopped in front of The Lamb, "Something is wrong with Narinder! He-"

"Is this them?" Narinder asks.

"They don't remember you..." Shamura finished.

"What? Narinder?"

Narinder looked around, "Um...who are you?"

The Lamb's heart sank. They stared at Narinder. Could Narinder really have forgotten them? They would have expected Narinder just having slight memory issues after helping Shamura, but completely forgetting him? How much of his life did he forget?

"Narinder, it's me, your former trader of a vessel? The Lamb. I defeated you when you were a god and turned into a follower?"

Narinder stared into space for a minute, "I was a god?"

"Y-Yes...and you saved me from death, granted it was for...kinda selfish reasons but...you did..." The Lamb explains.

Narinder shakes their head, "I don't know...."

"Do you remember me?" Shamura asks.

Narinder rubs his head, "I know you are family....but...not really...."

"What about Kallamar? Heket? Leshy!?" Shamura asks.

"Kallamar's my brother...Heket is my sister and Leshy is...a living bush?" Narinder asks.

"No...Leshy is...also your brother..."

Narinder shakes his head, "Sorry, I just don't remember."

The Lamb felt tears roll down their face, "Nothing?" Narinder shakes his head, "No I-"

"I-I need a break. Shamura, take him to the med bay." The Lamb then ran off, wiping away tears.

They ran all the way, straight to Midas's cave, they needed to talk to someone who would listen.

"Lamb, what happened?" Midas asks.

"Narinder doesn't remember me! He forgot who I was! And it's all my fault! I sent him on the mission! It's my fault!!" The Lamb cries.

Midas sighs and walks over to him, "Oh Lamb...you silly poor little thing...I think I can help."

The Lamb looks up, "You can?"

"Yes, yes...I think I have something that can fix this..."

The Lamb grabs Midas, "Please! Give it to me! I'll do anything!"

Midas gives a sinister smile, "Anything?"

"Yes! Anything!!"

"Well then...come right, this way." Midas pulls The Lamb to the back of his cave and into a room, inside they see a bottle at the very back of it, "Go get it."

The Lamb goes and gets it, but when their hand reached for it, it went right through it, "What the-"

That's when they hear a slam and click behind them. They turn to see the door behind them closed, "Midas!?"

"Oh Lamb..." a voice said, "You little silly poor thing. I can't believe you trusted me!"

"What are you-I trusted you!"

"And what a foolish choice that was! Now the red crown will be mine and you will be part of my ever-growing collection!"

"This is what it's about? The crown!?" The Lamb asks, "I thought you only like gold!"

"Oh Lamb! I do love gold! But you know what I love more than gold? Power! And that crown has all the power! And with power, I can get more gold!" Midas laughs, "And you know what the best part is? You poor Narinder doesn't even know! Nor cares! Cause he doesn't remember you! Now, no more time can be wasted! Say goodbye...lamb."

The Lamb screams and bangs on the wall, "Narinder!! Nari!! Help!!!" That was the last thing The Lamb yelled before their vision...went...black...