Chapter 1: The beginning

Narinder would often get bored sitting in silence all day, and while he loved his guards, Aym and Baal, they didn't really give good company, mostly focused on danger that didn't exist. So he would sometimes watch his vessel through the crown he gave him. He would watch him destroy enemies, gain followers, gain their trust.

But while watching them....he had a few panic attacks. He didn't know why but sometimes he would catch himself starting to feel...something...his heart would beat faster and his body would go hot. This usually happened when The Lamb was doing something cute or just being themselves, and it would usually end up with Narinder needing to be calmed by Aym and Baal.

It was odd. Odd for a powerful god of death to have panic attacks for seemingly no reason, just by staring at a lamb. But, as time went on, it didn't seem to get better. Soon enough, both Aym and Baal came to the same conclusion, their boss had caught feelings for his own vessel.

They could see it in his eyes every time The Lamb popped into the realm they were kept in. Narinder's eyes held pure excitement and joy. His pupils seemed to dilate in a cat-like way, it was so painfully obvious to them, though they prayed, for their boss's sake, it wasn't for The Lamb.

They tried to tell him, but sadly it seemed he didn't really know what 'love' was; instead, he just insisted that once all the chains were broken and The Lamb killed himself in his name, all would be fixed. But Aym and Baal could see the cringe on his face when he said that, almost as if he hated thinking of it.

However, that was the past, back when those two guards were alive, back when Narinder was still chained and the pakn was working.

However, now the plan was a failure; the chains broke but The Lamb didn't kill themselves...instead, they killed the two guards and betrayed Narinder, making him part of their cult. A fate that Narinder thought was worse than death.

But hey, at least those panic attacks he got when looking at The Lamb left, instead replaced by rage. Rage he couldn't take out because he was left with no power, left to only work under his former betraying vessel. That damned lamb.

Now, he was starting to feel, thinga..gult, abiut his siblings. He didn't feel guilty about attacking them for years, centuries, it wasn't until the crown was taken away and he was forced into The Lamb's cult that he started reflecting.

Why now? Why after so long? The one he felt the most guilty about was Shamura. All they ever did was care and protect him, and what did they get in return? Their skull ripped out of their head. That's what Narinder felt most guilty about recently while in the hands of their traitor of a vessel's cult.

Talking about The Lamb, what was he going to do with The Lamb? Could Narinder run away? No, The Lamb would get them right? And it would be leaving the crown, his powers, behind. Could he kill The Lamb? Without powers that wouldn't be easy, at all, would it? What if they were sleeping? Oh what was Narinder going to do?

Oh well, Narinder had all the time in the world to think, after all, he wasn't mortal, but not a god either, what was he?

Narinder spent most of his time in the temple, god forbid if he helped with the cult, yeah right, the most he would do is fish, he liked fishing, he would make up excuses just to fish, like saying the kitchen was low when it was fully packed. But that's all, he would do nothing else.

That's what Narinder was thinking about as he sat on the temple's floor when the doors opened.

Narinder opened an eye and saw the last person he wanted but most expected, The Lamb. They walked up to him, "Hey Nari~ What are you doing?"

Narinder sighed, "None of your business Lamb. What do you want?"

"Whaaaat?~ Can't spend time with one of my loyal followers?~" The Lamb asks.

"I'm not one of your loyal followers." Narinder grumbled, "You're a traitor of a vessel."

The Lamb laughed, "Ok, ok...I just wanted to ask for you to be here tomorrow."

Narinder raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"In the temple. Tomorrow. Going to be here? Or are you going to be fishing all day?" The Lamb asks again.

Narinder sighs, "Why do you want me in the temple?"

The Lamb laughed again, "I got a bit of a surprise. I know you don't like those but trust me. Be here tomorrow."

Narinder grumbles, "I guess I don't have a choice huh?"

"Nope! It's a command from your leader." The Lamb then skipped off.

"What the hell...." Narinder muttered, "What the hell...."