Chapter 8: His sons

As soon as Narinder put one foot onto the grounds of the cult, he felt... off... so as Heket walked off to her cabin for rest, Narinder looked around. The Lamb was there, odd, he would have expected them to run to him as soon as he returned.

He walked to a random follower and asked them where The Lamb was. They turned to him, "They're on a crusade. Left no more than 30 minutes ago."

Narinder sighed, "Alright... thanks..." he then walked away. He was disappointed with that answer, he didn’t know why, normal it would have been constant cause it meant they wouldn't bother him, but today... today it was different, perhaps The Lamb was growing on him. Narinder cringed at the thought.

Narinder rubbed his sore throat as he thought what to do, he didn’t feel like sitting in the temple... fishing it was then.

He grabbed his fishing rod and left to Pilgrim's passage. Grabbing a few pieces of bread as he left. Though as he walked there, he couldn't help but think more than he should.

When he was first defeated, it took him a while to get used to everything, he had been stuck in pure whiteness for so long, nature looked... intimidating. He also had to get used to interaction again. He never really had a full conversation for a long time, the last 1000 years if you want to be specific.

When Narinder gets to Pilgrim's passage, he finds a good spot near the water. He sits and casts his line into the water.

The water hits the dock a bit, the waves sloshing around. Narinder grabs the bread he brought and starts breaking them into three pieces, wait... that's right... he forgot... he never needed to break food into three pieces ever again...

Oh his poor boy, his kits, his sons. Reduced to nothing more than dust... oh his poor boys... Narinder puts his fishing pole to the side as he curls up in a ball, his poor sons... Aym and Baal.

He had gotten them when they were so young. He didn’t know how they got there, he just opened his eyes one day and there they were. He always did want to be a father, he wasn't the best though, however in his defense it was hard to be good in the white void of nothingness.

He trained them to be his guard for if he managed to escape. He was scared to love, just in case they turned on him. Oh how badly Narinder wanted to call them his sons, his kits, deep down they were, but on the surface they were nothing more than guards that Narinder was too afraid to show his love for, and now... it was too late.

Narinder felt tears fall from his eyes, shit, he was crying. He wiped them, don't cry, don't fucking cry.

That's when he felt a touch on his shoulder. He flinched and turned around, it was The Lamb, "Nari?"

"Damned Lamb! You scared me!" Narinder growled as he immediately wiped his tears.

"Sorry, I just didn't find you when I got back but I knew you returned since Heket was there so I thought you would be there, and I was right." The Lamb sat next to Narinder, "Anyways, you ok? We're... crying..."

Narinder shakes his head, "Leave me be."

The Lamb sighs, "Tell me... please... it'll help..."

Narinder rubbed his sore throat, "My... poor sons..."

The Lamb tilted their head, "You had kids?"

"Not really... but they felt like it... you killed them." Narinder turned away.

"I did?" The Lamb racked his brain, "I did... oh Nari... I'm so sorry... I didn't know...."

Narinder sighed, "My poor... poor... sons... my kits..." his voice felt sore and it hurt, "Lamb..." he muttered.

"Shh... don't talk... you don't have to..." The Lamb pulled Narinder in closely for a hug.

Narinder cried for his kits, Narinder cried for his kits till he couldn't cry anymore, he cried for his kits till his voice gave out and couldn't cry any longer. He cried, for his kits... his sons...