Chapter 7: Heket

"I am never doing that again!" the follower said as they threw their bag onto the ground, "I was chased, I was scared for my life. I'm never leaving the cult..."

The Lamb patted their back, "Well at least you're safe. Did you get the meat?"

"Oh yes! 40!" The follower dumped it all out of the bag. The Lamb picked it up and started to walk to the kitchen, "Oh wait leader!" the follower called.

The Lamb turned back around, “Yes?”

“When I was out there in Anura getting chased back... I saw something… it was disgusting but it looked powerful. I couldn't grab it or get too good of a look cause well… knives were getting thrown at me. But I thought I should let you know.” The follower muttered.

The Lamb thought, "Disgusting and powerful? Did it perhaps look like a throat?" they ask.

"The insides of one, yeah." The follower said.

The Lamb smiled, "Great! Thanks, go rest now, you look tired."

The follower nods and heads to their cabin. The Lamb happily runs over to the temple where Narinder was and opened the door, "Oh Nari!~"

That was the last thing Narinder could remember hearing before a bag was placed on his shoulders and he was forced into Anura with Heket. She was choking out profanities, or at least that's what he thought she was saying, he couldn't really understand a thing she said.

Now they were walking along a small path for an hour. Narinder's legs were getting tired and his back ached from carrying the bag, but his kidn was temporarily taken off of that when he heard Heket choke out some words.

"You.....and Lamb..." Heket asked.

"What?" Narinder turned to Heket.

"You...and Lamb....you act....strange...." Heket choked out.

"Sign Heket. I feel like I can hear the pain." Narinder said.

Heket sighed and proceeded to sign, "What's up with you and The Lamb?"

Narinder gave an annoyed look, "God, Leshy asked the same thing. What do you mean? Is it the way they talk to me?"

Heket also gave him an annoyed look signed, “They follow you around like a child."

"It's probably because I was once their god or something." Narinder grumbled.

Heket gave him a 'Really?' look, "....likes...you." she chokes out.

"Sign Heket." Narinder reminds her.

Heket shakes her head and chokes out again, "They....like....you."

Narinder shakes his head, "No they don't. If they did then they would torment me!"

Heket is silent for a minute, "What...they...do?"

Narinder was about to answer, but he couldn't, cause he didn't know what to say, what has The Lamb done? Not kill him? Annoy him? None of it was really...torment. So instead, he was silent.

Heket walked ahead of him, looking around the ruins of what used to be her cult, sadly.

Narinder thought about Heket's words as he watched her. The idea that The Lamb might have feelings for him seemed...ludicrous, yet he couldn't shake off the thought. As he thought, he felt oddly warm, he clutched his chest, right where his heart would be. What was this? It...felt...nice but his heart was also racing...he wanted it to stop.

Why did Heket even have to bring it up? That's when he realized his eyes were closed, he zoned out. He opened his eyes and...shit...Heket was gone.

He called out to her, "Heket!" nothing, fuck, "Heket!" Narinder sighed. Even if she could hear him, she couldn't call back, what was he thinking?