Chapter 41-50

Chapter 41, Awakening

Jiang Rong stood at the door of his home and raised his hand without knocking. He hesitated. The scene when Su Yanting opened the door for him jumped out of his mind. She smiled brightly and said, "Chief of Staff Jiang, welcome home."

When he first married Su Yanting, Jiang Rong only wanted her to stay at home, wash and cook for him, and act coquettishly every day to please him.

Su Yanting can't become a pastry chef now, wouldn't it just satisfy his previous wish? But he was not half happy in his heart.

On the contrary, when Political Commissar Liang's words came out, Jiang Rong knew that Su Yanting could not become a pastry chef. His heart suddenly throbbed, like a steel needle piercing it, making him weak.

He had many words to refute Political Commissar Liang, but he did not say them out later, because Jiang Rong's heart was full of annoyance and regret. It was his lack of consideration that made her happy in vain.

Jiang Rong still remembers her holding his hand on the return train, smiling and talking about how she would be a pastry chef in the future, and she also said she would let him eat a lot of delicious cakes...

"Are you working as a doorkeeper outside? You haven't come in for a long time." Su Yanting quietly opened the door and stuck her head out.

She had already seen Jiang Rong's returning figure by the window. Su Yanting deliberately hid from him to prevent him from finding her, waiting for him to knock on the door. However, after waiting for a long time, she was surprised that no one was there.

As for Jiang Rong's long legs, he should have stepped forward a long time ago, right?

Su Yanting stretched out a hand and put the key into Jiang Rong's hand: "I'll give you the key. You can open the door yourself later."

Jiang Rong: "Say welcome home."

Su Yanting smiled: "Welcome home."

Comrade Xiao Su thought to himself that this person is really hypocritical. Every time he comes home, someone has to greet him and say welcome, like a little princess.

Jiang Rong entered the house and closed the door. He held Su Yanting in his arms. Su Yanting disliked him: "I like cuddling so much, go and go under the fan over there. It's so hot."

"Jiang Rong, I don't think I can be a pastry chef. Just now, two clerks came over to talk about work. They also laughed at me, saying that I couldn't do this job and was only suitable for sweeping leaves."

The more Su Yanting thought about this matter, the more she felt a little angry. It was indeed a good thing for someone to introduce and arrange the work. Why did she sound so condescending? It's like these family members are here to catch the autumn wind, and they just give some money and send them away with a perfunctory attitude.

Give her a job sweeping leaves and expect her to be grateful?

Jiang Rong: "If you don't work, I will support you."

Su Yanting sneered. This kind of "I will raise you" sounds very touching, but she is not a pet in captivity, so why does she need others to support her.

If it were truly and peacefully raised by someone, it would mean having its claws broken off, its fangs pulled out, and being tamed into a harmless sheep.

Jiang Rong touched her face: "But, Yan Ting, I hope you can do what you want to do."

"When I first wanted to marry you, I had some not-so-good ideas in my mind. I wanted you to stay at home and hang around me every day, wash and cook for me, and focus on pleasing me."