2 ~ Against the Will

15K Votes ❤️

Suman POV

"She is our responsibility. Suryagarh will take care of her. She belongs there, she works there, you do not have to think about her. Consider her dead for you all already, and let her live,"

He argued, and I heard the people disagreeing with him in sync.

"Noooooo, we cannot do this and make our God unhappy. His soul will never rest in peace; she needs to die along with him,"

The people argued, and he frustratingly inhaled deeply and shook his head.

"You people are sick. She is not an animal; she is a human, a woman; if she does not want to die with him, do not force her. She wants to live,"

He said and I fisted my hand tightly on his chest. I could hear his heartbeats, I could feel his cold sweat beads falling on my neck. He placed his hand on my head and shook his head.

"I will not let you kill her in front of me,"

He said and suddenly my late husband's father asked.

"Who the hell is she to you? She is just a maid in Suryagarh. Why the hell are you even trying to protect her?"

His breathing was shaky when he said.

"She is no one to me but still she is a human and if she wants to live, she will,"

His voice sounded angry and I heard another man saying.

"She cannot live like that. There is no life for a widow woman in our tribe, she needs to lie on that pyre waiting for her,"

He shook his head.

"She will not and I will make sure of that,"

"What the hell can you even do? Look at us, and look at you, you cannot protect her alone,"

The man argued.

"I am the Prince of Suryagarh and you know what our army can do,"

He tried to threaten them but one of said.

"How easy it for you to threaten us just because we are following our customs. You can gladly kill us and we will be happy to get killed while protecting the happiness our Gods. She needs to be served to the God of Death along with her husband or neither of them will ever find peace,"

He said and looked at me crying in his arms.

"She will not be killed. Either I will kill you all or you will let me take her from here willingly,"

He said and suddenly my ear heard a soldier of his saying in his ear slowly.

"This will not work like that Prince. If you want to protect her from them, she needs to either die or get married to someone else. I know this tribe, even if you take her away from here, they will keep finding her and one day kill her because they thinks that her deceased husband will never find peace without her death,"

I broke into even more and he looked at him with the worry on his face.

"Who will marry her this instant?"

He asked him and he answered in a slow voice.

"You can ask them if anyone of wants to marry her,"

He said and I could feel the fearful tremors rolling down my body and I tightened my fist on his chest.

"She will marry someone,"

He said immediately and I closed my eyes shut tightly.

"Who?"