Chapter 11

Drishti's POV

"Are you still alive? How could you do this to me?" I heard Piku screaming as soon as I picked the call.

"Oh god stop screaming. I might go deaf." I screamed back.

"You stupid monkey. I want to see you. Let us video call." She said and disconnected the call.

I waited for her call which I received after few minutes.

"What took you soo long madam?" I asked as soon as I saw her on my mobile screen.

"I was just taking revenge for not even sending me a text message for two days." She said rolling her eyes.

Then we started talking about everything that happened after coming here. She told me that Amma told her everything. I also told about me meeting dada's friend today.

"Chikoo... You always tell me that everything happens according to what god has written in our fate right?"

"Hmm.." I nodded my head.

"Then what is bothering you?" She asked.

"I feel like a selfish person Piku. Am I being selfish? Do you think I'm thinking only about my family? What if their family members are not happy? What if the boy don't want to marry me? I mean why will dada's friend come to talk to me today in secret." I put all my confusion in front of her.

"Chikoo... You mean to say the boy is forced? I don't think so. Nobody can agree for the most important thing in their life just because they are forced. That only happens in your novels. You are overthinking chikoo.. Maybe he really want you to be his grand daughter-in-law. Maybe that is why he came to speak to you. You will get your answer tomorrow."

"Hmm... I guess you are right." I said feeling a little relieved after sharing my worries with her. "So what did you do without your bestfriend. Did you cheat on me?"

"I guess I should really find a bestfriend for myself." She replied.

"How can you do that to me?" I said faking pain holding my heart and we both laughed.

"Chikoo... Where are you?" I heard amma calling me.

"Coming." I said and started walking inside the house from the garden. "Amma is calling me." I spoke to Piku as I walked inside.

"Everyone must be home right? Let me also talk to everyone then. Where is coco? I'm missing him yaar." She said to which I shook my head smiling.

"What happened amma?" I saw everyone sitting in the hall. Only I was missing here. I then forwarded my phone to face everyone and then I guess they forgot the purpose of calling me here. They all were busy chatting with Piku. Even coco was wagging his tail happily when piku was speaking to him in baby voice. Finally half an hour later I got my phone back. But she had already disconnected. Traitor. Who is her friend here?

"You forgot why you called me when you saw your favorite daughters face amma?"

"Yeah right. We wanted to tell you tomorrow they are coming around 10. So you need to get ready early." Ammamma said caressing my hair as I was lying on her lap.  I said an 'okay' getting more cozy on her lap, not giving much thought to what she said.

All were happily discussing about tomorrow. But here I was getting nervous for tomorrow.

'What if I runaway tomorrow telling something important came up? How will I face them? It feels weird to think that they are coming to see me. What if I embarass myself?'

I had zoned out and was in my own train of thoughts when ammamma said," Don't worry babu. Every girl goes through this. And trust me they all will love when they see you. You are the best anyone can ask for." She said which somehow calmed my mind.

"You are the best ammamma." I smiled.

"What are you both granny and grand daughter speaking about?" I heard Anil uncle.

"Nothing much. Its our secret. Right ammamma?" I said in a fake serious tone to which ammamma nodded her head smiling. Everyone laughed at that.

We all spent some more time together and then everyone retired to their room.

Navya and me went to our room.

"Didi... How are you feeling?" Navya asked me as we both were lying on the bed facing the ceiling.

"Don't know navi. I am nervous, confused and... I don't know." I said not getting the exact word to describe what I'm experiencing now.

"Don't worry didi. I will be there with you tomorrow. You can hold my hand really tight if at all you are nervous. Okay?" She said shifting towards me and hugging me tightly.

"Okay. Don't complain if I held you very very tight." I hugged her tightly.

"I can't breathe." She said in a muffled voice trying to wiggle out of my hold. I loosened the grip a little still holding her but had to free her when she started tickling me.

We both screamed with laughter while she was tickling me and I doing a naagin dance on our bed. "Ho- Okay. Stob- it." I spoke contolling my laugh. We both ended up on bed laughing and then we started reminiscing our childhood mischiefs, laughing even harder.

Navi was 7-8 years younger to me. We would prank everyone who comes on our way in our village.

"I miss those days didi... Although me and appu used to just follow you and Avi anna. But those days were fun. I want to go back to good old days." She said as if going back to those days.

"Hello! Ajjamma. Don't act like an oldy. You still have time to enjoy."

"But you won't be joining us once you get married. Avi anna also has to go to work." She stated on the verge of crying.

"Who told you that I will not be joining after marriage? I will still be your very own didi. And dare you to exclude me from your pranks." I said faking anger to which she nodded smiling happily. "Okay, okay... Let us get some sleep. I guess it might be past midnight. We need to wake up early." I said and closed my eyes. I felt her hand hugging me again.

~~~~