Chapter 9

Drishti's POV

"Amma, I am going out for some work. Bye Amma. Bye everyone" I said to all the elders who were now having breakfast.

"Chikoo, what is so important that you are going without even having breakfast? Have your breakfast and then go. Now come sit." I heard Appa from behind me.

"Pappa, I am not hungry now. I will eat something from outside later." I said turning towards him.

"Don't go out empty stomach chikoo. Have a little atleast." Amamma said.

"Chikoo, come I will feed you."Seema aunty said serving pulao in a plate.

"Seema, she will sit on your head if you pamper her like this." Amma said serving breakfast for herself.

"Anju... She is a good kid. You eat quietly and you come here my chikoo."

"Okay aunty." I went towards the dining table happily and sat near aunty and she started feeding me.

"Amma, why are you feeding her? She is not a small kid." I heard Avinash. I turned and saw both Avi and appu's face. They had jealousy written all over their face with capital 'J'.

"She is a kid only for me. Are you jealous my son?" Seema aunty teased him.

"Why will I be jealous? We both are old enough to eat in our own hands. But still you are feeding only her.
Feed me also." He whined like a kid.

"Okay, okay! Don't cry now. Get that chair and sit here."

"Me too." Both appu and Navya said in unison.

Aunty then fed to all of us. We all were having a good time together, shouting and having fun teasing each other.

Everyone fell silent when we heard Dada's phone ringing. Dada's face brightened after hearing what the person on call said. All were eagerly waiting to hear the news that made Dada happy.

I was not feeling good about the phone call. 'God please it should not be about what I'm thinking. Please, please.'

"Raghu had called just now. He told his grandson agreed to the proposal and they will be coming tomorrow. And also he told me he spoke to the bank manager. We need to go to the bank today."

I was shocked hearing that Dada's friends grandson agreed to the proposal. 'I knew it. This should not have happened so fast. I did not think this will happen so soon. On top of that I didn't think Dada's friends grandson will agree to this. What was his name again? Oh god!. My life was going in 0.50x speed when I wanted it to be in 1x speed. Now why would you change the settings to 2x when I didn't want it? What do I do now?' I thought mentally facepalming myself.

Everyone were very happy with the news. I smiled at everyone.

"Okay, I'm full aunty." I drank some water and then Ammamma handed me a cup of tea. I drank the tea while all others were having their breakfast and discussing about tomorrow's arrangement.

"I have some really urgent work. Avi, I will take your scooty. And haan, I forgot to tell you all... Actually, me and Laksh is working on a project. So he will be coming here tomorrow. He can stay here right??" I asked remembering about Laksh and prayed that no one should suspect about why we have to do our work here.

"Ohh.. Lucky bro is coming!!" Appu said excited.

"Chikoo, why are you asking us? Laksh can come here anytime." Anil uncle said smiling. I nodded my head smiling.

"Okay then, I will leave." I said.

"Chikoo, is it really important for you to go. Let's go to the parlour today." Seema aunty said.

"Aunty, No... Why parlour?"

"What why? Tomorrow groom's side is coming to see you. Did you forget already?" She teased me.

I gave a smile to all of them. "Okay aunty. I'll come in the afternoon, then we can go." I said not wanting spoil their excitement.

"Fine." Aunty smiled.

"Chikoo... I need to meet my friend. Let's go together." Pappa said and started drinking water in a hurry.

"Hari, you don't have any train to catch. Drink slowly." Amma said to Pappa.

"We will leave now." Pappa said with a serious tone clearing his voice.

We then left the house in scooty. He stopped the scooty after driving little bit away from our home.

"What happened Pappa?"

"You get down first. I want to speak to you about something. Go sit near that tree. I will come." He said.

I went to sit near the tree and he joined me after parking.

"What did you want to talk pappa?"

"Chikoo... I should have asked this to you in the beginning itself. But I know Dada won't take wrong decision. But i need to ask this to you as your dad.  Are you really happy about what is happening now? Everything happened so fast... I know you are not prepared for this. But are you okay with this?" Pappa asked looking at me.

"I just want you to be happy." He said getting emotional, stroking my head lovingly.

"I am not telling that I agreed to this happily. And I'm not unhappy also. Because you all want me to get married and you all will be worrying about me until I get settled. I don't want you all to be worried because of me. So I thought this is the best decision for all of us." I said resting my head on his shoulders and my tears started rolling.

"I know my chikoo very well. You will be happy wherever you go." He said.

"Okay then. You go and continue your work. I'll go to meet Sreenivas now. His house is somewhere nearby I guess. Let me call him." He said taking his phone out.

"Okay pappa... I will leave." I went towards the scooty.

I started my scooty and decided to go to the location uncle had sent me and try to find about the man we were looking into.

~~~~