Chapter 8

Drishti's POV

"Chikoo... Are you really happy with your decision?" Avinash came into my room shouting. Appu and Navya entered behind him. All three had the same expression on their face which I couldn't decipher.

"Why are you shouting like that? And why do you think I'm not happy about this?" I asked shrugging my shoulders.

"Didi, don't try to act like a fool. I know you agreed for this because you did not wanted to disappoint anyone in the family. Right?" Appu asked me seriously.

"Oh my baby brother can be serious too." I went to pull his cheeks.

"Drishti!! We are serious.!" Avinash said.

I looked at them for a good 2 seconds shooting lasers through my eyes.

"You all think I'm dumb!! You think I'll take any decision in haste. I have thought about it in every way. Okay!! Rakesh anna will be happy about my decision. Dada, Ammamma, Amma and everyone were jumping with happiness. What more do I want?" I said to them and closed my eyes to see Rakesh anna's smiling face.

"Didi... Then it's like you agreed for this marriage for our family's happiness. Not for yours." Navya said giving me a pointed look.

"Exactly. How did you all feel today morning when we all were talking happily? Didn't you all feel happy?" I said sitting in the bed as I thought about it again.

"Right. All were happy forgetting our worries for once. But what about you? Your happiness, your dreams..." Avinash questioned.

"If the people I love are happy, then I can do anything for them. I'm happy if my family is happy. There is nothing more important than their happiness for me. And on top of that, bappa also wants this. I know Rakesh anna will be proud of me." I told calmly, making myself clear about my decision.

"You are really okay with this arrangement?" Avinash said.

"So, you are telling me I should not get married in my whole life?" I asked annoyed.

"Not like that didi..." Appu said sitting beside me.

"Then, like how is it? And on top of that I just agreed to marry. There is so many things that should happen before I actually get married." I smiled genuinely looking at their concern.

"We knew you agreed to this so that we all will be happy. And your thinking in everyway means thinking about Dada, Ammamma, Rakesh Anna and all of us. This is why we all were worried. But you are so stubborn, once you decide on something you will never back off. But promise us, if anytime you feel you don't want to continue this you will tell us. Don't think about, 'What others will think, how they'll feel?' and all that." Avinash said. Appu and Navya nodded their head at that looking at me.

"Okieees.." I grinned. "Now come on all of you. Give me a big hug." We had our group hug.

Appu then cupped my face and asked, "Didi, you are truly happy right? You are not acting so we don't worry about you na?" He said with soo much seriousness. I felt happy to see this caring side of my little brother.

"Nah my baby!! I am as happy as I can ever be." I said spreading my arms wide to show that I'm really happy with this to which he smiled and nodded his head.

"Now everyone cheer up. Let us watch some movie. Boys will get popcorn while girls will select the movie." I said before Avinash or Appu can open their mouth to tell anything and then tried pushing both out without giving them any chance to protest. But they both were so strong, they didn't even budge.

"The one who thinks fast and speaks first wins the race. I spoke first, so you both... listen to what I said. Now shoo..." I declared pointing at both and pulled Navya towards the bed telling her to open her laptop.

'The one who thinks fast and speaks first wins the race' was a rule between us which was made up by me. So whenever there is some chores or anything that needs to be done when we all are enjoying together, then we do this.

"Fine then. I will order something and Chikoo, you are gonna pay." Appu said in the speed of light and started searching his phone to order.

"Arrey, why should I pay? Avi is elder to us. He should pay." I whined.

"The one who thinks fast and speaks first wins the race." Avinash said in my same tone sticking his tongue out.

Navya and Appu started laughing at that.

"Urghh!! Okay finee." I felt bad for myself and my hard earned money.

"Appu, Navi... We should have a blast today. Afterall, world's stingiest human being 'Miss. Chikoo Verma' has agreed to waste money on something." Avinash said getting all excited.

"So true..." Navya said.

They all started discussing about food leaving me alone to select movie.

"You idiots!! I am gonna kill you all if it goes more than 1500." I put a serious expession showing my index finger as a warning sign.

"Okay 'Ms.Hot-Temper'. We were just kidding." Avinash said rolling his eyes.

"Done my dear didi. It's juuust 1435 rupees." Appu said and all grinned at me widely.

"Aaaaaah!! Don't you people show this toothpaste ad, I will really kill you. Why don't you add something so that it's 1500 only? Stupid, idiots!!" I said angrily and started scrolling through netflix for a nice movie.

We were arguing for almost 10 minutes after which Navya gave a suggestion to put chits with each of our favourite movie and then picking one. We all agreed to it and finally selected a movie. It was one of Navya's favourite movie.

"I guess the food delivery is here. The youngest one will get it." Appu said in a hurried voice.

"Navi, also inform elders that we won't come for dinner." I added handing my purse.

She came back with the food and we all started watching the movie enjoying the food.

~~~~

Next day, I woke up for the sound of my phone ringing. I lazily extended my hand to the side from where I could hear the sound.

"Chikoo... yaar, I will throw your phone out of that window now. What kind of kiddish ringtone is that?" Avinash said groggily.

I opened my eyes to search my phone and found it lying in the table but was not able to get up because of Navya and Appu who were literally strangling me from both the sides and Avinash who was sleeping next to Appu woke up because of my ringtone.

"That is your friend Lucky's dad... Uhmm yeah, Rajiv uncle!! He is in the police right? Why is he calling you?" Avinash asked looking at the caller id.

"That is....umm actually Lucky will be coming to Mangalore because of some work. That's why maybe..." I tried hard to act normal so he don't get any suspicion.

I then somehow pushed them and got up taking my phone with me. I went out so that I can talk to him freely. I dialed his number while heading to the terrace.

"Hello! Uncle, I'm sorry... I couldn't pick your call..." I was cutoff before I could complete my sentence.

"It's okay Drishti. Listen to me carefully. I am giving you an important clue." He said in a serious tone.

"Yes uncle."

"I have got the lead about that man's current location. I will share it to you. Even Lucky will reach there by tommorrow morning. Once he reaches you both can start your work. Am I clear?" Rajeev uncle sounded serious.

"Yes uncle."

He then disconnected the call, not before giving me instructions about what to do and what not to do. And also to be careful while we are on this mission.

I thought to collect more information about that man today so that it will be helpful for me and Lucky. I went to get ready and start my work without any delay.

~~~~