Chapter 1

Drishti's POV

"Everything is ready sir. I have planted the bomb in the chief minister's car and it will blast in exact 25 min from now. He is getting ready to go to the meeting and he will leave from his house in 5 minutes." said the man in black. I was not able to see the second person as there is a pillar in between us which is obstructing me to see his face.

Taking my phone out, I quickly forwarded the information I just got to the commissioner and then tiptoed further front to get a glimpse of that man.

As I moved front to hide behind a nearest pillar, I did not notice a stone on my way. I tripped on it and fell facefront grabbing the attention of those two men, on whom I was spying just a few seconds ago.

They looked at me shocked to know they had an intruder in their building. The man in black recovered from the shock first and pointed the gun on me. I tried to stand up and run for my life. But he had already pulled the trigger... I heard a loud gunshot.

A sharp pain ran across my body. I screamed and cried thinking today is my last day on this earth. I could hear the faint voice of someone laughing. I slowly opened my eyes to see the murderer's face. But my eyes met with pair a legs and I looked up to see that persons face and...

Oh boy... Was I shocked to see my sweet little brother Bharath,laughing at my state...?

The answer is an absolute NO.

And it dawned upon me that everything was just a bad dream and the loud sound was the result of him banging the steel plate with wooden stick. I was relieved to know that I am still alive. But I definitely knew that I will be committing a murder today.

"Appu...I will kill you today. You just killed me without really killing me, idiot." I shouted as though I was waging a war on him. He was ready with the long wooden stick and a steel plate from before. So I started searching for my weapon to fight him. I know I can't win against him empty handed. Winning against him with the weapon is also hard, owing to his giant 5.8 feet height. But I am not someone to give up easily. I am 'The great Drishti Verma', you know...

I hastily searched for a weapon and that's when I saw the broom laying just near my leg. Meanwhile, I saw him running out of my room like he didn't hear me declaring a war on him. I picked up the broom as fast as I could and ran after him. I threw the broom towards him with all my strength and it hit him on his back and fell with a thud.

He winced and stopped in his track. Slowly he turned towards me. His face held pain. I was satisfied with what I did to him to get my revenge. But he was not ready to leave me with that. He raised the stick ready to hit me, but we heard our Amma Anjali, complaining about our little war to our Pappa Harikishan, from the kitchen.

That's our cue to stop...

He smirked at me like a evil monkey and slowly brought the stick towards my head and started brushing my hair which was his way of telling me that it's not over. Even I smiled at him like an evil witch which was also a warning for him to not come on my way.

Then I checked the time to see it was already 7.05am. Today I don't have to hurry. Yesterday Pappa had told me he will drop Appu as he has some work near his college. So I can start at 8.35 from my house, so as to reach my office at 9.00am sharp. Usually I drop Appu off to his college first which is around 15 minutes if I drive in normal speed and then I have a shortcut from his college to the office, so I start at 8.15 from the house.

'But still you need to hurry Chikoo' I told myself and rushed inside the common bathroom to brush my teeth and do my morning chores.

We have only two bathrooms. One in my parents' room and the other one is the common bathroom near mine and my brother's room. Our house is a small and cozy one storey house with three bedrooms, a living room, a dining room and kitchen. There is also a small garden where Amma has planted different types of flowers and also vegetables. She loves gardening.