Chapter 7

Drishti's POV

We reached Mangalore airport by 5 and when we reached to the house it was around 8.30. It was a really long journey.

As soon as we entered the house, we saw everyone waiting for us in the hall. The silent hall just a minute ago was now filled with greetings voices of all our family members. It was as though suddenly someone had played music in a very high volume.

I left coco on the floor and went to Dada. I hugged him and took blessings from him. I then went to Ammama and my uncle, aunty and did the same thing. I saw Appu doing same thing, following me from back.

Avinash and Navya took blessings from Amma and Pappa. Then we all young people had a group hug.

"Avi, you are pulling my hair. Oiyee... Lambu... it's hurting." I shouted trying to free my hair.

"I am not lambu. It's just that you are too short. Kulli... I didn't even touch your hair." Avinash retorted back while freeing himself from our group.

"Ahh!! Idiot... Stop!! It's struck to your shirt." I shouted trying to free my hair.

"Wait, madam let me do it slowly. You will ruin my shirt if you pull the button like that." Avinash said pushing my hand.

"Hoyee... Do it carefully. Your shirt is not more important. Even if one hair strand comes out, I will strangle you." I warned him as he was untangling my hair.

"God... both of you act like you are 3 years old fighting for a piece of candy." Bharath said shaking his head.

"Appu, you keep quiet." We both said in unison.

"Appu, why are you going between them? Come, let's sit. You might be tired." Navya pulled Bharath towards the sofa.

"Dholu aur Bholu ki jodiii..." Avinash sang while putting his one hand on my shoulder as he had already done with untangling my hair.

"It's 'Motu aur pathlu ki jodi'." Navya shook her head face palming herself.

"Ahah... That suits better." Avinash said with a straight face.

"Are you telling I am fat?" Navya said keeping her hand on her hips ready to hit him.

"Chikoo, did I tell anything like that?" Avinash asked me innocently.

"No." I said.

"Amma..." Navya said in a crying tone turning towards Seema aunty.

"You come here and sit with me. Let us see how much they can tease you. They both will be quiet once they are tired." Seema aunty gestured her to sit beside her.

I went and sat near Seema aunty, on her other side and hugged her. Coco came towards and was trying to climb and sit on my lap.

"Maami, Appu and Chikoo has forgotten to take blessings from one elder person in this family." Avinash told Amma.

"I am fine without his blessings." I told. "And, you are just a year elder to me. He is acting as though he is 20-25 years elder than me." I said twisting my mouth.

"Ke-ke-ke.." Avinash mocked me in a baby voice.

"Enough both of you. Chikoo, I know your mouth will run only when there is something to argue." Amma scolded me. "And you Avi, you are saying that you are elder than her. You act more childish than her."

Both Appu and Navya started laughing while high-fiving each other. We both glared at each other and then glared at them.

"Okay now. You all must be tired because of the journey. Go to your room and get fresh. And then we will have dinner." Ammamma said and went to the kitchen. Seema aunty followed behind her.