21.

now playing: blue hair - tv girl
—————————————

after the events of yesterday, when you woke up the next morning, you wanted to just sink into your bed and become one with it.

but alas, you had already made plans with kyle and craig to go pick out outfits for the party later that night.

you guys had created a groupchat and were sending ideas, well, mostly kyle and craig were.

you were scrolling on pinterest that night at 2am, and you came across a boy-girl-boy trio as the powerpuff girls, and it made you giggle.

you sent it in, and the boys had actually agreed to do it, as long as they didn't wear any dresses.

now, you three were going to hunt for the items you needed today.

you slinked out of bed and walked into your bathroom, starting up the shower and picking out an outfit for the day.

you had opened your window a bit and stuck your arm outside, feeling the temperature, it felt a bit chilly, so you decided on some leggings and a cozy graphic crewneck with some white fuzzy socks for extra warmth.

you stepped into the shower after setting out your outfit, letting the warm water envelop you.
————————————————-
after your shower, you felt more awake. with a bit more energy, you threw on your outfit and sat in front of your vanity to start on your makeup.

you went simple. mascara, brows, and gloss. you noticed your mascara starting to dry up and you made a mental note to grab another while you were out.

snatching your car keys from the counter once you made your way downstairs, you yelled out a goodbye to your parents, who were most likely still sleeping. it was their day off, after all.

the drive to the store was peaceful, your favorite playlist rid the car of silence and you hummed the lyrics to whatever song played.

you didn't know if it was the chilly air or the chemical imbalance in your brain, but you felt sadder lately.

you often found yourself in a state of derealization, or just blankly staring into a canyon of nothingness.

when you looked in the mirror, you saw how tired you looked. after cheer practices, you hardly went out to eat with bebe and wendy anymore, you'd make up some lame excuse and ditch.

all because you wanted to sit in bed
and mope about nothing.

your grades were also slipping. you and kyle hadn't had a study session in a while, but you wondered if it would even help.
————————————-
pulling into the parking lot of your destination, you spotted craig's car and pulled into the free parking spot next to him.

you spotted the two boys waiting by the entrance, both of them on their phones.

you slinked out of your car and locked it, alerting the boys that you were here. they looked up and kyle waved you over.

you walked up to them, kyle smiling as you greeted them, and craig flipping you off.

"you guys ready to shop?" you asked, giddy with excitement.