17.

now playing: london boy - taylor swift
————————————-

the movie had long finished, and now you two were talking about random things that came to your mind.

the topic you guys were on now was the year you moved to south park.

"yeah, i was super nervous. i had heard some of the kids in this town were a bit snobby." you said, braiding a strand of your hair. kyle nodded.

"well, that's kind of only the north park kids. south park kids are nice." he commented. you looked up at him.

"except for cartman."

kyle chuckled and you let the braid loose.

"then i met tolkien and wendy, and they kinda showed me around. i think without wendy i'd be such a damn hermit." you laughed.

you were eternally grateful for your friends. stan had told you that they normally took a while to warm up to new people, but they immediately accepted you and treated you like they'd known you for years.

"where did you move from again?" kyle asked, shifting his body so you both were more comfortable.

"florida...it's not all great down there...but the beaches were pretty nice. and i miss the warm weather!" you smiled. sometimes you missed your old life, but if you had to relive a life, you would choose your south park life a million times.

"yeah, the warmest it is here is like, grazing 70." kyle scoffed.

"i mean, last summer was pretty hot!"

"i'd kill for some 80-90s weather, though." kyle whined. you pulled the blanket closer to you as your ac blew a gust of cold air over you two.

"cold?" kyle asked, smiling. you nodded and he pulled you closer to him, and the cold was soon forgotten as you felt heat rising in your cheeks and kyle's body warmth against you.

"literally of all the rooms in this house, this one just had to be the coldest." you droned. kyle blew air out of his lips.

"let's trade rooms, honestly...my room is the hottest room in the house."

"okay, see, i would love that."
————————————
you guys kept talking and scrolling through netflix, coming across a silly cartoon and playing it as background noise as you two continued to talk and learn more about each other.

you had known kyle for years, but not like this. you learned things about him that didn't show on the outside, and turns out, you guys had lots in common.

"so, how'd you fall in love with me?" you asked. kyle felt his face ignite, and you felt his heart racing faster.

"well- uh, to be honest? the moment you set foot in our class, i fell in love at first sight," he said, waiting for your reaction.

he had been in love with you for that long?

"well, why didn't you get closer to me? we could've been close like this years ago!" you exclaimed, poking his cheek playfully.