12.

now playing: saturnz barz - gorillaz
———————————————
with september coming to a close, the entirety of south park was preparing for the favorited month in the small town: october.

south park may have its intriguing differences, but one thing every person had in common was their love for halloween. especially tolkien. his family hosted an annual month long "party" that celebrated every day of october.

you loved that it was something that the teenagers and adults could look forward to. of course, tolkien was in charge of the teenagers, his father was in charge of the adults, and his mother was in charge of the children.

at first you thought tolkien's mother would dislike being stuck with children, but you found that she absolutely loved little kids. tolkien's father had a blast acting like he was in college again at a frat party with his buddies, and tolkien was always thrilled to be hanging out with his friends.

the month always started out simple: a few small parties with light booze and juice for the kids, a couple corn mazes and haunted trails, then the middle of the month kicked things up a notch with crazier parties and getting the old drive in working again with the help of mr. marsh and mr. stotch.

and the week of halloween until the rest of october? oh my god, it was an absolute blast.

tolkien would enlist the help of bebe and clyde the throw absolute ragers almost every night, only stopping for two nights to let every recover from hangovers and whatever else they might have contracted from the parties. the biggest party for all 3 teams, however, was always on halloween.

the lights, the decorations, the music...it was halloween paradise. there was a costume contest for $300, contests, scary movies, and you had volunteered your house to be the actual haunted house this year. your dads were more than ecstatic when you told them. from what you had heard, tolkien's parents had hired actual scare actors from california to partake in the house.

on this particular tuesday morning, the air was humid, with little to no breeze. unusual for your small town in the mountains, but you weren't complaining.

you parked your car in the student parking lot, and saw a dirty pickup pull up next to you. kenny.

"oh, lord." you muttered as kenny rolled down his window and grinned at you. you rolled down your window with a less joyful expression.

"what's wrong, gorgeous? not happy to see me?" kenny teased, tossing his finished cigarette onto the ground. you just turned your radio up and smiled. kenny grinned even bigger and bopped his head to the beat.

"that's fine! i love t-swizzle anyway!" kenny yelled, now dancing to the beat of 'shake it off' in his car.
———————————————
the day seemed to drag on as tolkien ran around his peers constantly asking for new ideas. after having test after test for the past 4 classes, you were pretty worn out already.

tolkien pulled up a chair right next to you, setting a notebook down on the desk. you looked onto the notebook and you noticed that tolkien's normally neat handwriting was replaced by frantic scribbling.

"y/n! you're a pretty creative gal...help me with some new ideas!" tolkien pleaded. you blinked at the paper and looked at tolkien.

"how about just sticking to the traditions we've had since 4th grade? those are always pretty awesome."

"well this year we wanna change things up!"