5.

now playing: i think he knows - taylor swift
——————————————-
the one of the biggest weeks in football history for south park football was here.

semi-finals week.

the entire school had been buzzing about talk of a potential new play that would trip up the other team, the cheerleaders were constantly repeating the routine in their head and planning matching headpieces, and the actual football players were hyping themselves up every day...

in the most obnoxious ways possible.

being a cheerleader was everything to you, but it was also a lot of pressure.

whether people meant to put it on you or not, you were constantly stressing about impressing the audience. on top of everything else, you were so close to being in eligible for the next game if the boys managed to pull through and win this one.

right now, you were sat in english, one of your easiest classes, with your headphones in. you didn't wanna seem like the person who brags constantly about a class being so super duper easy, but english was exactly that. you didn't even need to listen to her to know what she was saying, it kind of just came to you naturally.

but right now, your music wasn't enough to drown out the overthinking thoughts in your head; friday night, you guys played west park.

west park was brutal. not just on the field, but their student section was absolutely wild, their cheerleaders were stuck up snobs who would insult the other team's cheerleaders to try and get in their heads, and their coach was all for playing dirty to win.

any team who played west park came out battered and bruised. physically and emotionally.

it wasn't until you felt a tap on your shoulder did your thoughts immediately disappear. you turned to your right and saw craig. you guys kind of just stared at each other until craig motioned to the blue mechanical pencil lying by your foot. you made a quiet "oh" sound and bent over to pick it up, setting it back on his desk.

you smiled at him, but he just flipped you off and continued taking notes on your lesson.
————————————————-
"more smiles, ladies! annie, straighten your back and squeeze your core-" your coach shouted, wildly running back and forth down the track line, analyzing each stunt group for about 12 seconds before sprinting to the next one.

annie, red and nichole had you high in the air, all 4 of you with forced smiles on your faces.
you felt a cramp creep up into your leg, so you grabbed your foot and stretched your leg up to your head, making it a skill in the process. you shifted your eyes to the football boys just on the other end of the field, huddled around their coach and a giant whiteboard, discussing plays and having a pep talk.

"can we let y/n down now? my arm has been cramping for a good 5 minutes." red called to coach, still smiling. your coach looked up from her clipboard, once again looking over at your stunt. she thinned her lips and rested her clipboard on her thigh. 

"just do the routine one more time, and tell y/n to make up cool flyer tricks while she's up there. the game is flyer's choice. make the crowd go wild!" your coach yelled, resuming writing on her clipboard.

soon, you felt your body falling into 3 pairs of arms, and then you felt each girl collapse to the floor in exhaustion. you just stood there awkwardly while nichole started complaining on how if she ever got a charlie horse like she did while holding you up with tolkien watching, she'd crawl behind the bleachers and die.