A Word of Warning

June 17th 20XX

As time went on, Amu's training method made Lupin begin to shake down to his bones, especially when he was in a handstand as Amu rested upon Lupin's feet as a chair. His arm felt like they were about to break from punching the dead trees that were tougher than iron or stone. His effort to bring back the power that he had used in his fight with the garbage man, but to no avail, he comes back with fractured and bleeding hands.

Added to this level of difficulty in the past few days would be the mud pit fights Lupin had to go through, not only Sally was enough trouble to deal with, but a few more of Amu's buddies decided to join in on the fun. A group effort to pile on Lupin, increasing his chances to follow his instincts in the fight and using unorthodox methods on the fly. Each time he fought them, each time he would get tired and exhausted from the fights that were either won or lost.

The only time he would recover from much of any of the gruesome events, Lupin takes nice ice baths. The fastest way to recover and his moment of peace, up until he would have to endure another training that would put him back into the ice bath. But within those times of being in those ice baths are when he is in bliss.

Amu: Takes a look at his watch. Keep holding for a few more seconds of this and you'll do some planks.

Lupin could only grunt to reply; feeling relief that his arms won't be able to hold off any much longer. As soon as Amu's watch reached that time, he got off of Lupin's feet; Lupin slowly went into a plank pose, feeling his muscles as if they would need to slowly regain some change in their tightness. Lupin's breathing began to be more calm, different to how it was before, trying to have less focus on maintaining such a difficult task.

It was then that Lupin and Amu began to hear footsteps approaching the ranch, Amu and Lupin looked up to see...Hoji.

Amu: Gets into a stance.

Hoji: raises his hand. I am not here to fight.

Amu: Forgive me if I still have my guard up.

Hoji: So be it, you will need it for the threat that may come for you here.

Lupin: Strain in his voice. Explain. Please.

Hoji: Words have spread in my circle that there is a bounty on your head to not reach the fight.

Amu: Gunther.

Hoji: Nods to Amu. Correct. Turns to Lupin. Seems he means to stop you, even by taking your life.

Lupin doesn't respond, it would seem to be very focused on maintaining his pose.

Amu: We'll be ready.

Hoji nods and was about to leave.

Amu: But there is one thing before you go, Samurai.

Hoji turns to Amu.

Amu: How is it you are in the Wrath ring? Sinners can't be in any other ring other than the Pride ring.

Hoji: ...Since I am an Oni, and had spent some time with other spiritual beings before coming here, I have gained some sort of passage to this ring. I had tried to go further, but could not set one foot in any of the others.

Amu then narrows his eyes to see that Hoji has not lied since he spoke. Amu then thanks Hoji for stopping by and giving warning to the two of them.

The next two days that have passed began to be days of hell on Lupin's will to continue on with his training. His training of endurance of the tree came back to where he continued to throw punches upon the trees, but each punch now makes him wince and shake each time. His wraps became bloody overtime, though he rinses them and tries to wash them, it becomes soaked with his blood again. But it comes to nothing more demanding when his knuckles feel like they'll break completely from each punch that makes them brittle.