Chapter 4 Epilog

April 3rd 20xx

Lupin wanders a bit in the Pentagram City's social areas; the square, parks, shops, the outdoor market, etc. There was a strange building he came across, 'Rosie's Emporium', a supply shop that Lupin wanted to go to but he felt something...unsettling about it. He had stopped to look at the front door for a moment, but then continues on-

???: Why won't you come in and see what I have in store, instead of being a window shopper.

Lupin had stopped to see where and who was talking to him, the voice was kind and gentle, which he found most peculiar. When he had looked up to see where the sign was, Lupin sees the owner, a pale white skin female demon who looks at Lupin with a smile. Though her eyes are as black as the dark of a night, Lupin can see she is delighted to talk to him. The woman's dress is in red with gray shoulder pads, and a black belt at the waist. Her white short hair was what made Lupin a bit curious; he was stuck for a moment, but regained his focus.

Arséne: Sorry, but I don't think we've met miss-?

???: Please, Rosie.

Arséne: Aw, the owner of this establishment

Rosie: Correct, but I've seen you around. Be it whatever you wear.

​​Arséne: keeps his calm and tilts his head. How can you tell that I'm the same window shopper that you seem to know so well?

Rosie: We don't get many hellhounds on our side of the ring, many would just come in and see what I have. But you, you seem to just watch at a safe distance, along with that look in your eyes. They look for something valuable, like the eyes of a thief.

Arséne nods to that remark.

Rosie: And now, you finally show your true face with the same eyes, Mr. Lupin.

Arséne: Has a smile on his face to his name. To be noticed by an Overlord, I feel honored.

Rosie: nods. Would like to come in, I'm sure my staff may help you find what you're looking for. At a nice reasonable price of course.

As she spoke, four women who dressed as if they were from the 1920s came out of the emporium to greet Lupin. Lupin had smelled the air when they came out, he smelled...blood on them.

???(1): Wow, nice choice of colors, have you ever thought of switching to a different color?

???(2): We could give you some fragrance, bet you're a hit with the ladies?

The rest were swarming around Lupin and asking various questions, the swarm seem to have been moving Lupin to the entrance of the Emporium with the onslaught of questions. Lupin stops for a moment and steps back, he looks at them with a calm and kind look.

Lupin: While I do appreciate your hospitality and allowing me to buy some of your wares, but I must respectfully decline.

Rosie: Oh, and why do you decline?